Christmas activities for KS3 and 4?

(10 Posts)
WelshMoth Sat 08-Dec-12 23:39:39

What do you do with your classes on the last week of Christmas term? I'm a languages teacher. Help!

MidnightHag Sun 09-Dec-12 22:15:09

Keep teaching normal lessons as long as possible. Even the older ones get waaay to excited if you do fun stuff too soon. Maybe a quiz on the very last day?

Arisbottle Sun 09-Dec-12 22:20:25

If they are lucky I may smile at them and wish them a merry Christmas. I teach until the last day. I sometimes to amnesty Christmas cards or a quiz

noblegiraffe Sun 09-Dec-12 22:25:25

I'm maths. Last lesson of term I might do a Christmas themed maths activity (have loads of colour by numbers Christmas worksheets were you need to work out an answer to get the correct number to colour). I also let them play Christmas music on my IWB through youtube.

Christmas vocab wordsearch? Making Christmas cards with greetings in the appropriate language?

cricketballs Mon 10-Dec-12 17:02:40

Although we teach until the last bell I do make activities more Christmas based. For example I had ICT students write a letter from Santa to my youngest son today - they had to think about the fonts, language, images etc in terms of the purpose and audience of their work (last week we did a job application letter).

With the year 9s as we are doing spreadsheets then this will turn into a Christmas shopping list, with a specified amount to spend and they then have to create a spreadsheet which will let the parent change the variables so they can purchase presents for their 3 children.

my business students are due to cover supply and demand and this is based around toys...

Basically what ever we are doing at that time I just put a Christmas twist on to it. and clever writing of the SoW to ensure that all years, subjects are working on something that can easily have the time of year as a basis; near Easter time Business scenarios are always based around chocolate and near the end of the summer term based around holidays

WelshMoth Tue 11-Dec-12 19:17:14

Thanks everyone.
Definitely work then, with a Christmas theme. Thank you smile

EvilTwins Tue 11-Dec-12 19:20:32

We are told, every year, to keep them working til the last minute sad [Scrooge Emoticon]

However, the last day of term is always fun - we have the staff panto and then a bit celebration assembly before finishing early. Somehow, I end up writing and directing the panto AND organising the assembly (am only Head of Drama - nothing important, not SLT - no idea why I get to do the assembly) after which I plan on getting bladdered at the staff do.

EvilTwins Tue 11-Dec-12 19:20:51

big celebration assembly blush

Amerryscot Wed 12-Dec-12 20:22:00

I teach to the bitter end.

Loshad Sat 15-Dec-12 12:45:09

Easy option here, science teacher so plenty of scope for interesting practicals with a christmas twist. Can't stand lessons with no work in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now