your thoughts on the river pageant?

(30 Posts)
liveinazoo Sun 03-Jun-12 18:18:13

it was fitting it rained...proper british weather!

the choir above the royal philamonic orchestra mustve been wet throgh to their pants and still sung their hearts out<hurrah for waterproof mascara too>

the queen manages stand throughout,thats dedication!

wonder if shes itching for a cuppa<or somethig strongerwink>

Ponders Sun 03-Jun-12 21:44:36
tvfriend Sun 03-Jun-12 21:57:29

Saw it in the embankment at putney. Really enjoyed it as not too crowded so could wander down earlier and see lots going on- then wander home for a cup of tea to warm up, wander down again etc etc. saw LOADS of boats- barges, gin palaces, life boats, fire engine boats, steamers, rowers, gondolas. Went on for hoursgrin

gazzalw Mon 04-Jun-12 06:57:20

To answer your question, Liveinazoo, the National Trust has various events going on with Wallace and Gromit as the star attractions - today!

bevelino Mon 04-Jun-12 18:16:47

I thought the Queen coped very well standing for so long in the appalling weather. The pageant was a good idea in theory but did not prove to be the great spectacle that was the subject of all the hype in the media. I felt a little sorry for the Duke and Kate who both looked as though they were freezing.

Whirliwig72 Fri 13-Jul-12 23:04:38

I got the feeling Liz and Phil shunned their thrones as being a bit OTT and Beckham wedding ish - did anyone else think that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now