James Middleston reading at the wedding service

(33 Posts)
Avantia Fri 29-Apr-11 18:16:55

I sat in silence and loved every minute of James Middleston reading at the wedding service - thought he was very eloquent . the day may have been taken over by his sisters but he has made his mark with me .

Wel done James .wink

Chlolow Tue 27-Sep-11 13:31:21

Has anyone got any Middleton gossip? Anything about Party Pieces?

ajandjjmum Wed 04-May-11 13:25:37

I thought it was lovely that James went over the Clarence House on the morning of the wedding, to have breakfast with William and Harry.

lucykate Sat 30-Apr-11 10:14:07

tbh am sure she'll be very discreet. the middletons have a house in the lake district which she housekeeps on their behalf. kate & william have stayed there many times. she knows a lot more than she would ever talk about.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 10:10:31

Much as I'd love to know what happened at the private parties, I actually hope she doesn't tell. But a guest's eye view of the public parts of the day would be lovely to hear.

James must have been sooooo nervous, and I thought he did very well. And choosing him meant all the bride's and groom's siblings had a role at the service.

lucykate Sat 30-Apr-11 10:09:21

more info might be some time as it's coming via her > her mother > my mil > me (talk about chinese whispers!)

lucykate Sat 30-Apr-11 10:06:33

most important bit of info - her outfit was oyster in colour, she wore a fascinator and i think she was seated pretty close to the action with the middleton family & friends.

Jajas Sat 30-Apr-11 10:03:08

Ooooh how exciting lucykate!!! It's the closest most of us will ever get so eagerly awaiting your first report back!!!

lucykate Sat 30-Apr-11 09:57:15

i know someone who was at the wedding. tenuous link but she is my husbands stepdads neice, and is a friend of carole middleton's and also james's godmother (apologies if i've messed up with the apostrophes, although if truth be known, i don't really care, am not a pedant wink)

she went to the abbey and also to the middleton family do at the goring hotel. am awaiting feedback with all the inside gossip!

Rohanda Fri 29-Apr-11 22:59:53

hmm.... didn't Harry walk like an orangutan?

southeastastra Fri 29-Apr-11 21:38:13

maybe they are hoping the nice cheekbones and hair will balance out the ears and forehead

Rohanda Fri 29-Apr-11 21:31:43

And the idea of trees in the Abbey is inspired! A garden where heaven meets earth. A very bibilical and Islamic idea.

Rohanda Fri 29-Apr-11 21:30:11

yes all a very attractive family, and secure with each other. New hope forthe monarchy, if that is what you wish.
Git - it was an outdoor affair, a political rally, and all was fine until I saw the size of the crowd. But J. seemed very sincere, and that's what carries you (one!) through.

TheCrackFox Fri 29-Apr-11 21:30:06

I thought it was a lovely way to include her brother and he did a great job.

YY about them being a lovely loking family. My lot (me included) look like something from the Adam's family.

GitAwfMayLend Fri 29-Apr-11 21:24:36

He looks so like Kate I think.

Very good looking family, all of them.

cyb Fri 29-Apr-11 21:23:34

He is QUITE the royal dish

And yes I KNOW hes not royal

AfternoonsandCoffeespoons Fri 29-Apr-11 21:23:01

He is rather easy on the eye, isn't he? I just read this thread thinking surely I can't be the only one thinking that! grin

GitAwfMayLend Fri 29-Apr-11 21:19:25

Rohanda - 5000 people? Crikey.

Have addressed a couple of hundred and enjoyed it, but this is a different league.

GitAwfMayLend Fri 29-Apr-11 21:18:24

That must have been so difficult to do, I think he did incredibly well.

He is rather easy on the eye as well.

laInfanta Fri 29-Apr-11 21:16:14

It was a bit stilted, but doing readings in church is SO hard. I am rubbish at it.

southeastastra Fri 29-Apr-11 21:15:47

he has nice cheekbones

Wolfgirl Fri 29-Apr-11 21:15:03

I thought he spoke eloquently and the message from scripture was excellent. smile

MollieO Fri 29-Apr-11 21:14:51

I thought he did amazingly well. How many of us could have stood there and delivered a reading we knew would be seen and heard by 2 BILLION people!

Rohanda Fri 29-Apr-11 21:12:58

just watching it now. Echo Beta's thoughts. Some gravitas overdone, but he does hear his own voice and this is vary off-putting. I had reason to address a gathering of about 5,000 ( no am not Jesus!) and just the view of so many people is throat-restrickening. The boy did really good.

MoreBeta Fri 29-Apr-11 21:06:15

IME it is really hard to read like that in a big space with the sound of your own voice coming back at you through the speakers with a slight delay.

He did incredibly well if a little slow and stilted.

barbie007 Fri 29-Apr-11 20:59:02

He tried too hard. Pauses were too long and he kept making weird faces every time he paused...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now