Does anyone else think the royals are a bunch of freeloading horsefaced inbreds?

(54 Posts)
strangetowngirl Thu 28-Apr-11 19:01:08

If you do, here's my problem. I've just moved into a terrace of 5 houses in a small close community. There will be an RW street party and ive been drafted into to blow balloons and organise some games. I didn't say no at the time, for fear of becoming a social pariah, and it's only now dawning on me how much i hate, I mean, really hate the royals? How do I stick to my promise to help without becoming really grumpy and suicidal. Way i feel now, every single balloon i have to blow will KILL me!!

Appaloosa Mon 04-Jun-12 12:53:44

ha ha SybilBeddows-you made me laugh!!!! xxxxx smile))))

Sonotkylie Mon 28-May-12 13:55:13

Gosh! I am so pleased to find this thread - thought it was just me who hates them, theirs and all royal stuff. Having a crown just perpetuates the idea that there is a 'natural order' which has to be maintained at all costs.
I have 'celebrated' by buying some retro Fairy Liquid. Otherwise I am going to keep my mouth shut as mush as possible but not join in the God bless 'er's. DS so excited by it. He's 5. How to tell him its rubbish? Or do I leave it and let him realise?

LaDolceRyvita Fri 06-May-11 15:45:31

I'm with you on this. They ARE inbred, horsefaced and to add insult to injury, they're German.

They ditched their Germanic name in favour of the "Windsor" monika which was a good move at the time. Prince Phillip, perhaps one of the worst of the free loaders, is bloody Greek. And he has far too much to say about foreigners and immigrants and "darkies".

They're bone idle, adulterous, cost a fortune and look down on us, the "po" - the "commoners". I wouldn't mind looking up to them if they were a good example but frankly? They're a disgrace.

And, WHY to they live for ever? Because they don't eat the crap we eat, don't drink the water we get, don't work and generally get carried about. We'd all live to 100 if we lived that way.

Get rid of 'em!

adamschic Fri 29-Apr-11 14:27:41

Tethers ROFL!!!!

happybubblebrain Fri 29-Apr-11 14:22:41

I agree with you - I can't stand them and it's about time they weren't there. However, I would rather be a social outcast than a fake hypocrite so I'd have said no to the party in the first place.

lockets Fri 29-Apr-11 14:13:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onagar Fri 29-Apr-11 14:09:25

Don't say 'horsefaced' as that is unfair. 'Parasites' is okay because they are.

Don't automatically hate the younger ones as some of them might actually like to opt out if they could (and if they could keep some of the money of course).

It's okay to hate Charles because he's into the whole "one is of royal blood" thing bigtime. The Queen I'm not sure about. Maybe she's laughing at the way people fawn over them.

It's okay to feel a little contempt for those who worship them and go all fluttery at the thought that a royal might once have looked in their direction, but not worth being too mean over it - let them enjoy their moment.

As for street parties they are mostly an excuse to have a good time. If you can have fun at a street party then do so.

coccyx Fri 29-Apr-11 13:53:46

Entitled not to like the 'royals' but is it necessary to be so nasty. Don't watch it, and try and think nice rather than vile thoughts.

oldraver Fri 29-Apr-11 13:48:59

Yes .

Sauvignon.... think I would be declining that particular honour

usualsuspect Thu 28-Apr-11 23:13:55

Most people I know are just taking the piss

who takes the Royals seriously?

yousankmybattleship Thu 28-Apr-11 23:09:49

Strangtowngirl - I don't think I said I think they are any more important than any other couple. That is certainly not what I think. I don't really give a monkeys about the royal family, but I think your spiteful comments are uncalled for. If people find a reason to celebrate together that can only be a good thing. Just go with it and stop being such an arse.

Adversecamber Thu 28-Apr-11 23:09:23

Nicholas Witchell is wittering on about how the majority of the country love the royals. Maybe I know a lot of republicans but generally most people I know are just generally disinterested.

TethersEnd Thu 28-Apr-11 22:53:32

I love you all very much. and I am very much looking forward to seeing my quote in a box over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

usualsuspect Thu 28-Apr-11 22:35:05

Loves tethers even more

Gay40 Thu 28-Apr-11 22:32:11

Tethers, you've just won quote of today and tomorrow.

I think they're a load of hunting, shooting, fur-wearing, fois gras-eating scum. Gawd bless 'em.

TethersEnd Thu 28-Apr-11 20:39:24

I'd be honoured.

strangetowngirl Thu 28-Apr-11 20:35:00

Tethers end, do you mind if i steal your very apt and excellent metaphor for tomorrow's party? All with a smile on my face of course Sauvignonblanche. Must now put baby to bed...

ilythia Thu 28-Apr-11 20:30:16

grin tethers. that's just beautiful.

TethersEnd Thu 28-Apr-11 20:15:46

" Its a distraction event to take the masses minds off cuts and wars and other shit."

Spot on, Computermouse, although it feels more like being fucked in the arse and shown a picture of some kittens.

nethunsreject Thu 28-Apr-11 19:55:08

Gwendoline- all the people who keep asking me if I am looking foward to the wedding and don't I think they are beautiful/handsome/lovely/kind.

ilythia Thu 28-Apr-11 19:54:25

I have to be honest, I am not intersted as I think it is all awful and I feel sorry for them. Rich and overprivileged as they are I very much doubt anyone would want billions of people staring and analysing Every. Single. Second. of their wedding day.

They are getting married. They are not the second coming.

Who is expecting you to admire and fawn over them? That's the bit I don't get. I don't feel as if I have to give them any consideration whatsoever, they don't impinge on my consciousness. I don't hate them, they just don't bother me. To hate them and feel expected to do x, y and z smacks of over thinking it all.

nethunsreject Thu 28-Apr-11 19:44:27

I am sick of the whole thing.

Be glad when it is over and the flags are down.

I am a republican and while I certainly would wish anyone well on their wedding day, I do object to the pathetic fawning and deferential shite.

Thankfully, there are no parties where I live.

I will spend tomorrow morning trying very hard to escape from all things wedding-y.

God I'm tempted!!!
I'll have to drink 'over the water'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now