Mumsnet Royal Wedding commentary bingo!

(51 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:06:42

Hello wedding-watchers,

Inspired by your marvellous suggestions we thought you might wish to partake in a spot of Royal Wedding commentary bingo to enliven the dull longueurs while foreign dignitaries arrive pomp and ceremony.

With the likes of Eamonn, Huw, Sophie Raworth (yay!), Paul Burrell (!), Fiona Bruce, teen favourite Fearne Cotton, Royal favourite Nicholas Witchell, and veteran Jennie Bond talking us through the proceedings, there will be hours of commentary gold to endure keep us going.

Normal bingo rules apply: print off and distribute our bingo cards among your co-watchers and every time you hear a phrase that's on your card, cross it off.

In the somewhat unlikely it must be said event that you get full house, drop us a line with your filled-out card and we'll rustle up a right royal reward (possibly even some Lush Royal Wedding Vajazzle glitter).
grin

Disclaimer: any offence that our Royal Wedding commentary bingo causes is entirely accidental. We unreservedly apologise in advance to any real persons, living or dead, who are offended, or even a little bit put out.

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Fri 29-Apr-11 22:45:08

Should what DashingRedhead?

I think you should actually...

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Fri 29-Apr-11 15:17:21

(think it's Wales anyway hmm)

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Fri 29-Apr-11 15:15:57

I meant to add that it's because (like Princess Michael of Kent, Catherine wasn't born a Princess.

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Fri 29-Apr-11 15:15:10

No, she's Princess William of Wales.

cariboo Fri 29-Apr-11 13:18:23

Mummy, dd and I have been glued, I have to confess! Can someone please settle a minor dispute between mum and I... is Catherine now Princess Catherine?

Wamster Fri 29-Apr-11 10:00:32

David Cameron: 'Yes it's so good to see so many people sleeping on the streets-'

His advisor (through the earpiece): Stop right there, Dave!!!

DC ignores him and carries on.

Raahh Fri 29-Apr-11 09:57:13

There have already been too many references to Diana for my liking...

Wamster Fri 29-Apr-11 09:57:00

Yeah, he's just spoon feeding the comics with that one!

glastocat Fri 29-Apr-11 09:50:09

hahahhaha, what a knob! grin

Wamster Fri 29-Apr-11 09:44:19

Oh god, David Cameron has just made a gaffe: announced that it is so good to see so many people sleeping on the streets.

Raahh Fri 29-Apr-11 09:25:45

Victoria Beckham looked like Morticia...

DuelingFanjo Fri 29-Apr-11 09:10:23

ther's been an elton john and victoria and david beckham already!

BoffinMum Fri 29-Apr-11 07:53:38

WAAAAAAAAAIL!

We are supposed to wear wedding dresses to the street party and I am too fat for mine! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

BoffinMum Fri 29-Apr-11 07:51:54

Sorry, I am talking bollocks. She was the stepmother, Johnny Spencer's second wife.

BoffinMum Fri 29-Apr-11 07:51:00

They are absolutely fucking fantastic. grin

Barbara Cartland is Rayne Spencer's mum. Who was Diana's mother-in-law. Nicknamed Acid Rayne, and guilty of selling enough superfluous antiques to keep Althorpe standing up. And decorating it rather in the manner of a tart's boudoir in areas.

saffronwblue Fri 29-Apr-11 06:01:35

I will be using thee cards with pleasure tonight. Unfortunately and this sounds uncharitable, but my MIL with Alzheimers is going to watch with us and I have already decided that I will have a drink every time she asks
"Who are these people getting married?".

ninedragons Fri 29-Apr-11 01:05:49

I am in Australia and they are already cocking up the commentary.

I spat my drink through my nose last night when one of the news broadcasts said that the couple would be married by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Atkinson grin

HairyMaclary Thu 28-Apr-11 22:28:19

Oh thanks - thought it was just me!

HairyMaclary Thu 28-Apr-11 22:27:56

Whoops, got them now

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Apr-11 22:27:02

A and B are there again now, temporary blipette blush

HairyMaclary Thu 28-Apr-11 22:22:51

I can't find A and B, is it just me? Have printed of C and D!

piprabbit Thu 28-Apr-11 21:37:26

I like this - might get the grown-ups to play this bingo, and give my DC's this picture bingo to play... everyone will be happy grin.

WhipMeIndiana Thu 28-Apr-11 21:09:45

<<steps away>>

WhipMeIndiana Thu 28-Apr-11 21:09:26

wouldnt mind but Ive got an Auntie Barbara.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now