what on earth can i do with this damn cat?

(20 Posts)
someoftheabove Thu 07-Mar-13 14:38:52

Yes, I think that's it.

WhatKindofFool Thu 07-Mar-13 12:27:01

I think if kittens are removed from their mothers too early they can suck things. Maybe that is the stress you are thinking about?

someoftheabove Wed 06-Mar-13 21:34:33

I thought sucking wool was a sign of stress in cats. Or did I dream it?

sashh Sat 02-Mar-13 04:22:12

Mine has just discovered the bamboo blind I have on the front door.

Climbing it is her new hobby. Maybe your boy would like one.

Is the cardi wool? If yes, then I'd say definite Siamese in there somewhere, they love eating wool. What's his voice like? Quite yowly? That's another sign too.

WhatKindofFool Thu 28-Feb-13 23:03:45

Sounds a bit like my tabby girl although she does sleep. She also meows loudly a lot. She is VERY needy and constantly follows me. I am at home most do the day but when I do go out she is meowing at the door before I even open it on my return.

I do wonder if she has Siamese in her too but as she is not quite 1 yet, I am expecting her to chill out in time.

On the plus side, she is very cuddly smile

cozietoesie Thu 28-Feb-13 18:01:46

I read that here (about straws) and bought a cheap packet of big plastic ones at Poundland. Proved quite popular even with the old boy.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:32:03

Pets at home do a mouse that squeaks, our cat loves a toy that sounds like its in distress.

Drinking straws are a good toy too (dh lost his out of his drink last night when the cat noticed he had one).

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 28-Feb-13 16:47:41

He is currently sitting next to me sucking my cardi. Weird boy.

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 28-Feb-13 16:40:59

No catflap because the StupidDog destroyed 18 of them.

I need to change toys i think. Shopping at the weekend!

He's all black so don't know about any siamese. And very handsome.

WMDinthekitchen Thu 28-Feb-13 16:25:47

WMDcat2 is small, squeaky and restless. We have a small, furry and very realistic-looking mouse that I bought for 69p from the vet's surgery. Last evening he played with the mouse for almost an hour, throwing it up in the air, stalking it and pouncing on it. He also goes out of the cat flap frequently, though and basically has the run of the house. Does your cat have free access to the Great Outdoors? I think that makes a big difference.

ratbagcatbag Thu 28-Feb-13 16:17:26

Seriously strong cat nip toy, my Cat kills it, cuddles it, eat its and rolls on it allat the same time, she's knackered when she's done smile

cozietoesie Thu 28-Feb-13 16:15:54

Sounds like he's got large dose of Siamese in him. Talk to him a lot on a 'stream of consciousness' basis and resign yourself to having a little shadow. If he has got Siamese in him, he'll definitely calm down by about 8 or 9.

smile

Iseeall Thu 28-Feb-13 16:14:23

Plenty of toys. If he has lots try taking some away and giving a couple back to him every few days, remove the ones he has been playing with iyswim. He may just be bored.

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 28-Feb-13 15:42:51

Another year!!!!!!

We have 3 others who all ignore him. And the dog who he plays with.

He's still very young then and probably a lot of his behaviour is down to that alone. He will definitely calm down in a year or so. Perhaps he might like a another cat about the same age to play with and keep him company.

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 28-Feb-13 13:31:40

He's almost a year old. Had him since about 8 weeks when his mum kicked him out. I sympathise with her and fully understand why. I adore him but he is incredibly high maintainence and always has been. Yes he is neutered.

issey6cats Thu 28-Feb-13 13:17:18

he sounds like my half siamese whichever side of the door he is he thinks the other side is more interesting and pesters

How old is he? How long have you had him? Has he always been like this? I presume he's neutered?

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 28-Feb-13 08:54:32

he is bored.

In and out and in and out and in and out and in......

Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food

Up and down and knock stuff over and up and down......

Over and over and over and over and over.

Wind up dogs.

Wail.

All the time.

He won't settle or sleep like a normal cat.

I thought all cats had Aspergers not ADHD, like dogs (like the books). Maybe he thinks he's a dog.

What csn I do with him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now