NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 24-Dec-12 14:46:26

At vets smile

cozietoesie Mon 24-Dec-12 15:10:49

Well done.

cozietoesie Mon 24-Dec-12 20:09:51

How did she get on at the vet?

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 24-Dec-12 21:03:09

Sorry not been back - Christmas Eve Chaos. Thank you for asking smile

Vet said it may be worms or an infection. Has given anti-emetics, anti runs, and some worming stuff. She has put on good weight well since they last saw her. So watching brief. She has not thrown up again since the anti-emetic injection, and is now on a diet of just white fish or white meat, no cat food.

She is the cutest thing on earth. May try to put a pic of her on here tomorrow

cozietoesie Mon 24-Dec-12 21:23:44

Worms was always a possibility. Hope she does well over the festive break. Let us know.

smile

I had this with ours, in the end I put him on cereal free food ie pouches because I realised cereals affect his gut.

He was throwing up and having a runny tummy.

TheSilveryTinsellyPussycat Sat 29-Dec-12 00:30:12

I don't suppose she is feeding kitten cat food fresh out of the fridge? Twas a long time ago, but in our ignorance we did this with our kitten. Then it dawned on me... Now I keep food in the cupboard.

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 30-Dec-12 23:38:32

Kitten is fine after worming. Looks like tht was the problem

cozietoesie Mon 31-Dec-12 08:38:57

Glad she's better NormaStanleyFletcher. I'm sure you'll be keeping a weather eye on her nonetheless.

smile

PS - and where's that picture?

cozietoesie Mon 31-Dec-12 08:45:20

PS - and while I don't generally like to second-guess vets, I'm just a little surprised that they didn't worm her the first time they saw her, given that most kittens have worms -which would have avoided your Mum's worry. (You implied that this was her second visit.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now