Diagnose my cat....

(12 Posts)

Well, he still has a bald spot, he has a runny tummy and is very quiet.

He did get shouted at 3 times yesterday though for trying to jump onto a glass shelf and onto the mantlepiece to knock the cards down.

He's on boiled chicken breast now for his tummy. I dont know. Little malingerer (sp)

cozietoesie Fri 21-Dec-12 08:11:57

How is he doing, Fluffy?

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 21:51:59

It just might be a stress patch, fluffy, if he's been building up to it. (Does he have any cat locally which he hates with a passion?)

They can have a big fight - and indeed come out the winner - but it can still take it out of them for many hours. A reaction to so much adrenalin I guess.

Good luck with him tonight.

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 21:48:06

Reason I say that is that (while there could be a list of reasons as long as your arm) the vet hasn't found anything wrong immediately and it sounds rather like a post fight stress reaction. They're drained and everything is slowed down and/or muted.

If it's possible (and it might also partly explain the patch on the eye) just keep him in overnight, lots of love and cuddles, taste treats etc. It'll pass within 24 hours although you should keep an eye open for any infections from puncture wounds.

Yes, but we can't see a scab. it's dry.

I wish he'd get up and start being a hooligan again

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 21:36:00

Does he ever go outside and scrap?

vet seemed a bit stumped. Not eating isn't like him at all.sad

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 21:23:14

I take it the vet had no answers?

Anything changed recently re a possible allergic reaction to something? Or could he have been in a fight and got a nick which is healing?

mis typed.blush hmm

Not ringworm.

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 20:44:41

Oops - sorry. Unless you meant ringworm and mistyped.

cozietoesie Tue 18-Dec-12 20:44:01

Sounds like a possible ringworm?

Small bald patch of fur coming over one eye, small slightly dry area there.

Only eaten 2.5 pouches today (unheard of)

Sleeping a lot

Not being a pain in the bottom (unheard of)

No temperature when vet checked.

Not roundworm.

?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now