Cat addiction

(10 Posts)
QuietTiger Mon 03-Dec-12 07:56:20

In my defence, Fluffycloud our house is very higgledy piggledy (also very old) and the "sitting room" in question is kind of like a bit of a through-fare to the rest of the house with a couple of comfy sofas for the cats and a wood burning stove. I can tell I'm not doing a good job at justifying it blush

My cats are spoilt. What can I say. grin

fortyplus Sun 02-Dec-12 22:13:00

I never tire of watching this - it's poor quality but only 46 sec - you need to watch right till the end! smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:42:31

Their own sitting room! I thought ours was spoilt having his own footstool by the rad.

I'm obviously neglecting him.

QuietTiger Sun 02-Dec-12 19:01:33

I HATE cats. wink That's why DH & I live with 9 furry despots who rule the house with iron paws. To the point that they have their own sitting room with a wood burning stove that DH lights for them every evening so that they can bask in the warmth of a fire...

They eat better than we do. They also know that cats were worshiped as Gods 2000 years ago and remind us of this every day!

ZebraOwl Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:52

I have ALWAYS loved cats: my grandparents had cats when I was tiny & I yearned to have one Myself. Wish FINALLY fulfilled in June this year when blonde!kitten & black!kitten fell into my life.

Have never really been in to cat collectibles but love looking at things FOR the kittens & plotting how they would benefit from my suddenly becoming fabulously wealthy grin

Random!cats have always sought me out, including ones who generally had no time for people, to the astonishment of their slaves owners. This may be because apparently in quite a lot of people's heads I am a kitten... (Yes, I know some strange people. But better a kitten than a hippo, I suppose?) Certainly the Zebra Kittens seem to think I am Mummy Cat confused

The kittens do not get to sleep in my bed at night but if I am stuck in bed during the day they come & snuggle. They are very snugglycuddlypurryaffectionate felines & they make my life much better. If they could just stop trying to steal my food/attacking the bin/missing the litter tray they'd be perfect wink

I love all cats! I have two, my beautiful Siamese who I adore and could just gaze at all the time and my black kitten - now one year old and fully grown but still so sweet and so fluffy. I would love more but hubby draws the line at two plus our dog.

issey6cats Thu 29-Nov-12 11:56:16

here goes im the official mad cat lady of halifax, i have four cats two of whom came from the cat rescue i have worked at for the last five years (had six cats at one time)couldnt resist them , i even went to college last year and did a BTEC diploma in animal care, and have just adopted a dog from a cyprus rescue, have about 200 various cat ornaments, love coming in here to see about other peoples cats, and have god knows how many cat related posts on my facebook page, i just adore cats and given a lottery win would probably run a cat rescue center myself

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 29-Nov-12 11:16:46

Oh is this a CA (cats Anon) meeting.
I am the Lone cat and I am a cataholic. I currently only have the two the posh arrogant boy and the tail less wonder. I recently lost my PFC the beautiful moggy girl.
I can recommend the book Cat Lore for any other cataholics as a great read. Once you have read about how cats were worshipped in ancient egypt as little gods it all makes sense.
I share my bed with both my cats.
I spend most of my days with other people's cats fixing them. I can handle cats that no one else in the clinic can.

fortyplus Thu 29-Nov-12 02:04:54

Sorry - no time - I'm just off to bed for big cuddles with my ginger fool cat! grin

bootsycollins Thu 29-Nov-12 01:59:47

At the risk of sounding like a complete loon.........
My names Bootsy and I LOVE cats
We're a one cat family here at Bootsy towers and I have every honest intention of remaining this way but I just bloody love 'em. I can't ignore a cat if I see one out and about I have to stop for a chat and a stroke, I'm always reading about cats on the Internet and collecting dodgy bits of cat kitsch. I love treating our boy to new collars, toys, fresh fish and those kitty crack treat things that they love. Basically stick a cat on it and I'm all over it, I know this is probably not normal and I don't want to be cured, this evening my DD had her friend round and she seeked me out especially to ask me a cat related question, I was well chuffed at my official cat lady status!.
Feel the love and share some cat stories!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now