My cat died this morning

(25 Posts)
tabbycat15 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:05:25

She was 15 & had been going downhill the past few months. She had pancreatitis & had lost weight as she had chronic vomiting. She was better on a prescription low fat diet but deteriorated since last Thurs. she was incontinent & not eating & drinking.

I took her to the vets on Fri she had a painkiller, antibiotic & anti nausea injection. We made her comfortable & was going to be PTS today.

My daughter was cuddling her this morning & she died in her arms.

We put her on her basket & sge looked very peaceful.
We took her to the vets to be cremated. We will get her ashes back in a box.

We went & bought a rose to remember her by & have ordered a canvas print of her. sad

It's been a very sad day. It seems empty with her not in the house. We will never forget her.

cozietoesie Mon 05-Nov-12 10:07:36

So sorry, tabbycat15. It's very hard.

sad

SummerRain Mon 05-Nov-12 10:09:40

{hugs} sad

She died at home in your dds arms though, comforted and loved... At least she knew she was part of your family til the last moment abd you were all spared the added trauma of her being pts.

I'm very sorry tabbycat15 sad Lovely thought though to have a canvas print of her.

Madmog Mon 05-Nov-12 11:00:28

So sorry to hear about your cat. You must be devasted, but try and hold on the fact she had a good life with you and died at home in some much loved arms. RIP little one.

lucyellenmum Mon 05-Nov-12 11:01:56

So very very sorry for your loss xx

issey6cats Mon 05-Nov-12 11:48:12

so sorry she had a good long life and lots of love treasure the good memories of her RIP little tabby cat x

tabbycat15 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:21:37

Thank you all for your kind msgs.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 05-Nov-12 12:26:30

i am so very sorry. sending love x x

mollymole Mon 05-Nov-12 12:27:25

so sorry to hear this - i had to have my boy cat PTS 2 weeks ago so i know just how you are feeling

tweetytwitcher Mon 05-Nov-12 17:23:20

Oh I am so so sorry. I hope you find comfort in the fact that she died at home being cuddled by her family. She must have been happy and peaceful.

Livelongandprosper Mon 05-Nov-12 18:01:00

so sorry tabbycat15. You looked after her so well and she died at home in familiar surroundings and with the people she loved.

lurkingfromhome Thu 08-Nov-12 18:26:25

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my 15-year-old cat around a year ago and I still feel it. How lovely that your cat died knowing she was surrounded by love - hope you can take some comfort from that.

RedwingWinter Fri 09-Nov-12 18:44:31

I'm so sorry for your loss x

mckenzie Sat 10-Nov-12 17:43:12

sorry for your loss. It seems a strange thing to say but, what a lovely way to die. Can you take some comfort from that?

crazynanna Sat 10-Nov-12 17:49:56

so sorry sad

she sounded very much loved.

What a lucky girl she was to have such loving humanslaves smile

FlibberdeGibbet Sat 10-Nov-12 17:53:31

I'm so sorry TABBY. We have a lovely canvas print of my grand old lady; she's in the study and she watches me whilst I mumsnet work. We also have the cremated ashes in a box on a sunny windowsill.

tabbycat15 Mon 12-Nov-12 02:13:57

Thanks Mckenzie, crazynana & flibberdegilbert.
I am so pleased that she died at home being cuddled. We loved her so much. She came with us to Australia then we went back to the UK. 6 mths we came back to Australia again. She went in quarantine twice & had a pet passport to return to the UK. It was very expensive but we didn't mind as she was part of our family.
She had a cancerous lump on her foot 4 years ago but she had it removed & was ok after.

We miss her so much.

I am so, so sorry to hear your news. Huge hugs xxx

pickofthepops Mon 12-Nov-12 04:34:41

Best wishes from another cat lover. X

liveinazoo Mon 12-Nov-12 04:46:31

another cat lover sending hugs
i hope when my boys times come<they just over a year>they will have such a beautiful passing.i cant imagine anything better than being in the arms of someone who loved me

Cynner Mon 12-Nov-12 04:50:02

Cynner and her kitties..Shadow,Amber,Highway, and Mittens send all their sympathy to you and yours..xx

JustFabulous Tue 13-Nov-12 19:36:01

I am so sorry for your losssad.

She must have really loved your DD to feel safe to pass away in her arms. I am a gret believer in cats knowing.

Take care of yourselves.

tabbycat15 Wed 14-Nov-12 04:00:15

Thanks Just Fabulous.

Her last few days she just wanted to sit on a lap & be cuddled. She must have known she didn't have long.

JustFabulous Wed 14-Nov-12 08:51:27

sad.

It is so hard to lose a pet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now