Dog shivering and clingy

(9 Posts)

He seems fine today. We've just got back from a 2 hour hike through the woods, and he's snoozing in his bag. We had an earthquake here a few weeks ago, and I did wonder if he was hearing/sensing something like that. He was definitely frightened confused

MrsZoidberg Thu 21-Feb-13 11:02:20

Could your son have given him a static shock?

Other than that, one of mine does this when she hears noises - the worst being a smoke detector beeping when the battery is flat, but also when the bastarding hunters are in the field behind my house, fireworks etc

Hope he's over it today.

Floralnomad Thu 21-Feb-13 10:42:57

How is he this morning chickens ?

SpicyPear Thu 21-Feb-13 00:23:05

Was there anything else that could have spooked him? Noises etc. That's how SpicyDog acts when something frightens her.

He's sleeping now, and stopped the shivering. No obvious injuries or anything. I suppose i just keep an eye on him and if it happens again, take him to the vet.

digerd Wed 20-Feb-13 19:58:51

Yes that is a sign that he is suffering in some way. Pain is the most often cause in my experience.

Ah, ok. I'll keep an eye on him then. He hasn't eaten anything iffy that I know of, but his nose is a bit runny.

Isandri Wed 20-Feb-13 18:31:18

My dog does this if he feels ill. It normally happens if he has an upset stomach.

Out of the blue, Jas just started shivering and tucking his tail between his legs. DS was stroking him at the time, but not in a scary way (he's 12). Obviously, DS stopped and called me. The dog got up on the sofa next to me, burrowed under my arm and shook like a leaf for 20 minutes. I have no idea why. He has now taken himself off to hide under the dining table. No obvious illness, gums a good colour, no vomiting or diarrhea...Any ideas? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now