Was asked to leave a shop today because of 'hygiene'

(151 Posts)
ShakeWellBeforeOpening Fri 08-Feb-13 13:07:54

Took my dog for a walk this morning and went via the local town as had to get a few things. Went into one shop with dog - big welcome and fuss made of .

Went into local small branch of well know chemist (no no dogs sign and nowhere to tie her up outside) wandering up aisle to get one thing when shop assistant told me that I could not have dog in there , I asked why and she said 'hygiene' .

I wish shop owners / retailers would get their facts right about dogs in shops - funny how my dog is allowed in pubs and some cafes round here.

I know it is at their discretion but spouting 'Hygiene' reasons is really annoying when with well behaved and trained dog.

yesbutnobut Fri 08-Feb-13 19:56:06

It depends where you live - if you go to Hampstead you'll find lots of admittedly small breed dogs in Boots, Waterstones, Whistles, Jigsaw, French clothes shops like Sandro, mobile phone shops, Space NK etc etc. Not in food shops though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now