Why do dogs drag their arse along the carpet?

(32 Posts)
Jinglemyalanbells Mon 07-Jan-13 21:56:27

Does Alan dog need worming? Last one was end of oct?

<preens at being the Queen Of Anal Glands>

<But no one wants to kiss my ring sad>

BensonBunny Tue 08-Jan-13 22:29:34

I've noticed our puppy doing this occasionally, mainly outside but we don't have carpets. Reading this I'm wondering if we should give him some weetbix to increase the fibre in his diet (he is on Orijen puppy food). Not sure how keen he would be on it though, are bananas any good? He is always trying to steal them off DS!

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 08-Jan-13 23:11:53

Actually chicken as I very nearly vommed in the vets sink at the stink of it, I think I deserve the crown smile

I didn't think my pup would as he is a very picky eater to the point where I was practically wailing and nashing teeth when we first got him as I didn't know how I would every feed him enough to make him grow!

But he goes crazy for it. The sight of the box has him spinning and it is the only thing he has ever done that for. Mixing it in his food is the only time I am ever sure of of an empty bowl so I wouldn't dismiss without trying first.

BensonBunny Wed 09-Jan-13 08:30:30

Thanks fan, I'll get some and try him on it.

mrsjay Wed 09-Jan-13 08:39:22

<But no one wants to kiss my ring

<heave> chicken i just couldn't i boak at poo picking never mind glands . last dog needed hers done and vet said to dh I can show you how to do it, poor bugger started to sway grin

Thewhingingdefective Wed 09-Jan-13 08:39:26

Oh how I wish my curiosity hadn't got the better of me and made me click on this thread! I love little dogs but no way could I squeeze their anal glands. Boak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now