Dog found in South Birmingham

(22 Posts)
Nuttyprofessor Sun 18-Nov-12 15:00:55

Dog reunited with its owners, they were out for the evening somehow she got out.

Selks Sun 18-Nov-12 00:37:55

Probably then her owners will be ringing everywhere to find her including the dog wardens so probably they will be reunited <hopeful> Sorry didn't mean to make you feel bad.

Nuttyprofessor Sun 18-Nov-12 00:28:24

She is a well cared for dog wearing a very expensive looking coat, I think someone loves her. I hope that is not true. It wouldn't be difficult to find her a home she is completely obedient.

Selks Sun 18-Nov-12 00:07:43

Dont the dog wardens just keep the dog for a week or so then if the owners havent claimed it the dog is put to sleep? sad Hope not for the jack russell.

Nuttyprofessor Sun 18-Nov-12 00:03:08

I found a dog today. I was driving home and there was a box in the road, I got out to move it and a jack Russell walks out of it. She then climbs in my car sits down and goes to sleep.

She is wearing a coat and has a phone number on her tag, phoned it but no answer. Phoned the dog warden and took her to their kennels. No one has phoned for her yet, it seems strange.

Chopstheduck Wed 14-Nov-12 07:25:28

He is gorgeous! So glad it was a happy ending.

I found a collie once, who looked in horrible condition, no collar, no microchip, looked like she had come from hell. She ran across the front of my car, and I ended up pulling over and grabbing her. I got in touch with the dog warden, and a few hours later the owner was reunited. Turned out it was a rescue dog, a lovely couple had only had her a few weeks, with their other 2 collies, and a builder had let her out. She wasn't microchipped because she was that far underweight the vet was unable to do it until she had gained a bit.

Appearances can be deceiving! And the dog warden was def the best port of call, she was back home within hours.

higgle Wed 14-Nov-12 07:20:40

Sp pleased to hear this - he did look like a dog who had a home.

thats fab, he looks lovely.

SpicyPear Tue 13-Nov-12 18:48:57

Awww, so pleased the gorgeous boy has a loving home. He's lovely.

Bluestocking Tue 13-Nov-12 18:14:18

I was very impressed to hear that Alex jumps into the shower when he's told it's bathtime! Many of us have children who aren't that well-trained ...

It's lovely when there is a happy ending!

PandaWatch Tue 13-Nov-12 16:54:35

Great news! He and his owners must be over the moon to be reunited!

And grin at a dog called Alex - dogs with proper human names always make me chuckle!

Bluestocking Tue 13-Nov-12 13:24:32

Good news! Alex's owners have been tracked down. They were desperate to find him and there was a joyous reunion. Thanks to those of you who posted information about him.

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 12-Nov-12 18:27:02

Hope his owners find him, last thing a dog of his breed needs is to end up in a rescue.

Bluestocking Mon 12-Nov-12 15:47:36

Nothing yet - I'll keep you posted. Apparently he is a real darling!

higgle Mon 12-Nov-12 13:35:37

Any news? he is so lovely I feel maternal urges coming on.

Bluestocking Mon 12-Nov-12 11:11:56

Thanks, Scuttle, I've asked the friend who's dogsitting him to tell the Dog Warden and to put him on Doglost.

Please, please make sure the Dog Warden for the area is informed. You don't necessarily have to surrender the dog to them but you DO have to tell them if you find a dog. The owner could be quite legitimately going frantic and a dog warden would be the natural first port of call. It's also worth telling the Dog wardens for any neighbouring authorities, and checking on the DogLost website.

Bluestocking Sun 11-Nov-12 18:24:30

Thanks so much! Can we find a home for this lovely dog? Yes, we can!

abbierhodes Sun 11-Nov-12 18:19:16

I'm in Brum. Will share it on facebook now.

whimsy Sun 11-Nov-12 18:11:33

I have shared his picture on my Facebook page (I'm in Birmingham) Hope he finds his way home.

Bluestocking Sun 11-Nov-12 18:04:57

If you know anyone in the Bearwood/Harborne/Smethwick areas of South Birmingham could you share this around, please. This dog was found in Bearwood yesterday evening, Saturday 11 November. He could have been spooked by fireworks and escaped. He's being looked after by friends of mine but they already have two dogs and aren't in a position to take on another one.
He is two years old, and according to his microchip his name is Alex. The mobile number on his microchip registration is inactive. My friends will be contacting the microchip company to ask them to write to the address on his microchip registration, but this is unlikely to generate a response.
If they can't trace the owners, Alex will have to go to a shelter. Please PM me if you have any information. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now