Holiday Cottages and Dogs - Do you stick by the rules?

(9 Posts)
JackieLanaTurn Sat 10-Nov-12 12:17:29

I am just looking at holiday cottages which are pet friendly and loads of them say, the dog isn't allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms. I totally get it. They make a mess and if you're looking at lovely places to stay (which we are) you want your stuff protected. BUT how many people have dogs that don't go on the furniture or sleep in the same room as you?

I know a lot of people will have, but I have read on here many people saying their dogs sleep with them, get on the furniture, etc. So....I must ask...do you just not book into this kind of cottage or do you go and take plenty of throws with you?????

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 10-Nov-12 13:44:51

Mobile mop gets that it is different house different rules. Doesn't get on the bed or furniture at cottages, but does at home.

EdgarAllanPond Sat 10-Nov-12 13:51:21

my dog doesn't go on furniture anyway.

she did sleep in my bedroom, though not on my bed. you would never know.

i take a rate to gurantee non-destructive behaviour whilst we are out.

homebythesea Sat 10-Nov-12 13:54:28

Never on furniture never upstairs. Non negotiable dog rules in this house

LoveDogs Sat 10-Nov-12 14:13:18

We went and stayed in one of these cottages and took blankets, we let our dog up on the sofa, but made her stay downstairs (she normally sleeps upstairs). The cottage we stayed at was one that you pay for damages/ wear & tear and have to give them a deposit before you go specially for that, they then send you your deposit back after your holiday if you haven't damaged anything, we got our deposit back no problems.

abitcoldupnorth Sat 10-Nov-12 14:45:02

I know when you've all been naughty cos I'm hoovering the blardy hairs off the furniture, innit.

LoveDogs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:30:59

Actually we got feedback from the owners saying how clean & tidy we left their place. If our dog moults on holiday, which she normally does, we have to hoover everyday. As long as there is a hoover provided and you hoover at the end of your holiday I don't see a problem with it.

HoneyDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 16:14:10

I obey the rules. But find dog welcoming cottages, not cottages that allow dogs. My favourite actually provided blankets for dog use.

JackieLanaTurn Sat 10-Nov-12 20:18:44

I think that's what we need...a dog loving cottage. Our dog doesn't actually shed at all, which is why she's given free rein! (That and the fact that we were way too soft when we first got her). Off to look for dog welcoming cottages now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now