sense8 (Netflix)

(18 Posts)
TheFirstOfHerName Sat 06-Jun-15 22:21:00

Have only watched episode 1 so far.

It didn't make a whole lot of sense, but was still watchable. I liked the music, and some of the scenes were beautifully shot.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 06-Jun-15 22:38:53

DH has watched the entire series today (I think 12 episodes) He likes to 'binge watch'

It does get better smile.

(Though there's a load of sex scenes, not graphic but frequent)

bettys Sun 07-Jun-15 19:36:21

I've also watched it & think it's really good. The start is pretty slow but later there are some great action scenes.

I thought the sex was fairly graphic!

TheFirstOfHerName Tue 23-Jun-15 21:25:55

Have watched five episodes now, and it's growing on me. Slow-moving, but beautiful.

ILovedThe90s Wed 24-Jun-15 02:01:08

Am loving it. And really interesting that the positive, strong couples relationship are lesbian/transgender/interracial/gay. Not something you see normally in a TV series. Nomi is actually transgender in RL.

A lot of script confusion though, especially how they all just suddenly accept one another after the first couple of people questioned what was happening to them. Not that I care too much, I'm completely hooked!

ILovedThe90s Wed 24-Jun-15 02:01:26

Am loving it. And really interesting that the positive, strong couples relationship are lesbian/transgender/interracial/gay. Not something you see normally in a TV series. Nomi is actually transgender in RL.

A lot of script confusion though, especially how they all just suddenly accept one another after the first couple of people questioned what was happening to them. Not that I care too much, I'm completely hooked!

TheFirstOfHerName Thu 25-Jun-15 21:16:54

Just watched the episode with the telepathic orgy.

DJThreeDog Sun 28-Jun-15 11:02:57

I watched the whole series this weekend. I loved it.

And now I am once again bereft that I haven't rationed myself and have to find something else to watch! Damn you Netflix!

ILoved I choose to believe that we didn't need to see all of them question it so they didn't show it.

I was shock by the full frontal! You just don't see it unless it's a woman. The telepathic orgy made me laugh though - never even the suggestion of an erect penis! (Not that I especially want to see one you understand)

Cooroo Wed 01-Jul-15 23:11:35

3 episodes in and getting intrigued. Beautiful vibrant sets, interesting characters.

TheFirstOfHerName Thu 02-Jul-15 09:33:39

It is visually stunning.

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Thu 02-Jul-15 10:41:31

I like the concept but I don't think i can carry on after watching 1st episode and finding it creepy.

I did watch White Collar and Person of Interest, both brilliant.

Fauxlivia Thu 02-Jul-15 10:47:30

watched 5 episodes. was hooked from episode 1. Anyone know when season 2 is available?

ThisTimeIAmMagic Thu 02-Jul-15 13:10:59

Yes five episodes in here too and it has hooked me now! Hope it lives up to the promising beginning.

That Wolfgang is a bit of alright grin

Fauxlivia Thu 02-Jul-15 14:17:42

He reminds me of Gary Barlow grin

TheFirstOfHerName Thu 02-Jul-15 14:30:46

He reminds me of Gary Barlow
Yes!!

ThisTimeIAmMagic Thu 02-Jul-15 16:26:28

He reminds me of Gary Barlow grin

Nooooooooo! No no no! shock GB doesn't do it for me AT ALL but Wolfie definitely does!

Hullygully Thu 02-Jul-15 16:28:57

All the sex really got on my nerves. And it's only got one simple premise beneath all the thrusting.

ThisTimeIAmMagic Fri 03-Jul-15 23:05:42

Just finished watching the last episode and I enjoyed it. The thrusting seemed to reach its climax (ahem) at episode 6 and the last 6 episodes were mainly sex free. I will definitely watch the next series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now