Being Human: 8 more sleeps until series 5!!

(243 Posts)
ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 26-Jan-13 19:52:32

That's it really!!

Who's excited??

I started a thread about it last night and no one answered me! sad

I love Tom. Hes my favourite, such a nice lad and I find find him pretty attractive

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 04-Feb-13 20:16:05

Tom has lovely eyes but its Hal all the way for me!!

Stila Mon 04-Feb-13 20:31:25

Having read some FB comments I have found out they shot the raising the devil bit just down the road from my mum ......Hal about half a mile away from my mums house ! had I known I'd have been down ............stalking !grin

crunchbag Mon 04-Feb-13 22:53:26

Great start of the series!

TheSmallPrint Tue 05-Feb-13 09:37:31

Stila you mean you were that close to Hal the filming and you didn't go???? shock

Anyone else getting tired of hearing people moan on about how these three are rubbish and how they should bring back the original actors. Yes the originals were excellent but so are these guys so just accept and get on with your lives!!

CalamityKate Tue 05-Feb-13 10:16:58

Tom and Hal are just as good as Mitchell and George IMO. Alex is growing on me but I do miss Annie the most.

The originals were good but I also like the three that are on it now. Especially Tom wink

So glad Annie has gone and isn't wafting around the place any more.

What a fantastic start to the new series, can't wait until next Sunday.

pluCaChange Tue 05-Feb-13 11:15:57

I was wondering how many 'reasons' they will come up with to show Hal topless

Yes, quite a sight, wasn't it?! Mind you, it's moments like those when I remember that he is an actor, not ak-cherly a shy, appealing OCD vampire. grin

It all very nice to look at, but I like him better with his shirt on.... apart from when he and Lady Catherine were amusing themselves with with the rather heavy phallic imagery of the stake. That was most enjoyable. wink

pluCaChange Tue 05-Feb-13 11:41:27

Actually, I should be ashamed of myself. I've just been getting indignant on Mary Beard's behalf, for being judged by her looks (and abused for it - complete wankers!). I know Being Human isn't history, and these actors have in fact been chosen for us to leer at, but there's loads of plotting to discuss, too, and I think it;s been done very well.

<high minded pose>

Incidentally, did anyone else spot that Toby Whithouse was playing the Home Secretary (disclaimer: I only spotted it in the credits; I'm not the sort of geek who recognises TV writers, only Mark Gatiss, and that only because he's been in Sherlock, and also played Mr Snow in BH)? That must have been fun, especially committing the evil of Bringing Austerity to Our Protective Frameworks! Talk about dismantling the social safety net! shock

It's interesting that Rook was proposing one of the same old solutions: install an ally, and let him get away with a certain amount (the per diems and consensual blood letting), even though that didn't work out terribly well with Mitchell (nor with Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, I seem to recall), whereas the trinity bond seems to tie down the worst of vampire nature (and isn't too bad for the werewolf and ghost, either). What a shame it has to be chosen: imagine Herrick and Annie having been forced to live together! Quiiiick! Where's my door?!

TheSmallPrint Tue 05-Feb-13 12:08:01

Herrick and Annie did live together - briefly. It didn't turn out well. grin

I know what you mean by phwoaring over actors but they get paid for being there for our entertainment and, in many case, because they are pretty to look at so I don't feel so bad about that but Mary Beard has not put herself in that role so I think there's a world of difference. This means we are allowed to lust over Hal! grin

Stila Tue 05-Feb-13 12:09:17

TheSmallPrint I had no idea he was there , I'd have been whizzing down the M4 if I had .( and there would have been a great big shiny thread about it on here ) So alas my only claim is he was 'this close' to the family home and possibly had to pass the end of the road to get there .

I think there have been less anti cast comments this time . I do wonder if half of them really watch it or are just professional moaners and they need reminding that they left , they weren't written out .....THEY LEFT ! If they brought them back I bet the same people would still be moaning hmm

I did read that TW had a cameo but it was only after that I realised it was the Home Secretary .
Herrick ........... I think I miss him more than Annie ,George and Mitchell grin

TheSmallPrint Tue 05-Feb-13 12:11:57

Herrick was a fabulous character - so sinister.

pluCaChange Tue 05-Feb-13 14:23:25

Yes, Herrick was "the banality of evil", and this new Crumb/Cram character also so banal as a mortal that I wonder if he's meant to reflect Herrick, too, a little, as well as what he suggested about Hal. It's plot recycling, yes, but for creatures as long-lived as vampires, I guess the same things come up again and again: "nothing new under the sun" (or, as the lovely Mary Beard would say, "nihil novi sub sole").

By the way, I can't remember at all thst business of Annie with Herrick. When did that happen?

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 05-Feb-13 17:16:33

Yes...I also want to shout at the computer...THEY LEFT!! THE WRITERS EITHER HAD TO END IT OR RE- INVENT THE SHOW!!

Not that much different from Dr Who in that respect grin

Why are you all on about Hal? Its all about Tom! He is lovely. Id take him over Hal any time grin

Stila Tue 05-Feb-13 17:28:05

pluCaChange Nina and George fetched him ( Herrick) home having found him confused in a hospital - they kept him in the attic (series 3 )

TheSmallPrint Tue 05-Feb-13 17:46:46

SP you may have Tom <gracious> but Hal is mine, I saw him first!!

Stila Tue 05-Feb-13 17:49:16

Err I don't think so !

TheSmallPrint Tue 05-Feb-13 17:50:04

<puts on boxing gloves>

grin

pluCaChange Tue 05-Feb-13 22:27:58

I had totally forgotten about Herrick-the-amnesiac!

As for these threats to fight, we really have no need: BH is jumping all over the centuries, so all we have to do is pick our decade/century and we can each have free rein! wink I reckon that if Hal can manage 50-60 years "dry", that could mean about one cycle a century, so five or so, given that he's about 500.

Access to Tom is correspondingly more limited. (Interesting that Hal's kind of imitating the werewolf bloodlust cycle, over a much larger timescale. I wonder whether there's a metaphorical "chicken on a string" which could circumscribe him? Maybe those domino mandalas Leo used to set him?)

TheSmallPrint Wed 06-Feb-13 07:57:43

Plu you are so sensible <packs gloves away> grin

They must refer back to his time with Leo at some point, it was Leo who helped him control himself.

pluCaChange Wed 06-Feb-13 11:31:22

TheSmallPrint, I hope it's not boringly sensible, just an idea to preserve our solidarity on this thread. grin

I think Hal's prequel on the BBC site is Leo's persuading him. It takes a bit of a different complexion, now that we know he's aware of his cycles when he's in the bloody, irrational phase. Oops, does that sound like a massive PMT sufferer to you all, too?! The inagery surrounding these vampires and werewolves is turning out to be less supernatural than I imagined!

TheSmallPrint Wed 06-Feb-13 11:34:29

No not boring - how can you be boring when you love BH??

That discription does make him sound a bit hormonal! grin

pluCaChange Wed 06-Feb-13 14:39:21

Aw, thanks! blush ...although you can't assume I'm nice or interesting based on appreciating BH! After all, "Crumb" was rather a boring bastard, and although he was originally a victim,that oathos didn't last long!

Waiting for DD to awaken from her mega-nap, I started rewatching Doctor Who on the iplayer, "The Doctor's Wife", and he's been saying "That's impossible" rather a lot. What conservative-minded creatures the very long-lived must be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now