Fringe finale in the middle of the night!

(18 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sat 16-Feb-13 21:22:40

hmmmmmmmmmmm - blondes brain explodes

finally got round to watching the finale

so basically it never happened, all went back to time before - so a total waste of 5 series's

and gene looked weird grin

anonacfr Sat 02-Feb-13 23:26:16

So I finally watched the last episode(s) and how I sobbed! When Peter and Walter watch the tape.... When Walter tells Peter he is his favourite thing ever... When Walter tells Astrid she has a beautiful name and she tells him they'll be drinking strawberry milkshakes in their lab... Gene.... Peter mouthing 'I love you dad' as Walter leaves...
Ok so I was in pieces.

I have now pre-ordered the full series boxset on Amazon. Bring on 13th May!

Smellslikecatspee Sun 20-Jan-13 14:37:56

Gene was in it!

After that it could do no wrong grin

Jcee Sat 19-Jan-13 22:25:08

Caught up on the finale tonight - have been a bit meh about this series, especially the earlier Etta episodes but really enjoyed the last few episodes and the finale was good and tidied everything up nicely with some nods to earlier episodes/series, characters, a few laughs and I did cry a bit too! <tried extra hard not to give away any spoilers>

Smellslikecatspee Sat 19-Jan-13 02:02:05

Anyone else watching?

SlatternismyMiddlename Fri 18-Jan-13 18:11:23

I agree with Gene, I didn't particularly enjoy the first half of the series as I preferred the old FBI style episodes. But it is really hotting up now. It was beautiful to see the way Peter supported Olivia when {person} died in the lab. Sorry, don't want spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Jan-13 17:27:43

nadia you have just made my brain explode with your theory grin

GeneCowan Fri 18-Jan-13 12:52:22

This is always the downside of any storyline that involves time travel and trying to change the past/future... it never makes sense. If they send the child observer forwards to try and stop them creating the observers in the first place then that means that Michael would never have been created as he was only done so once the observers chose intelligent over love, compassion etc and basically did away with the desire for sex! I've really enjoyed the last few episodes though, hated the first half of the season with Etta.

Anyone else hoping that they will uncover Gene from the Amber along with the last tape? It will be a shame if they go the whole season without a single reference to the true star of the show!

NadiaWadia Fri 18-Jan-13 03:30:06

Well, what did anyone think of this week's? Getting really exciting now.

But ...If they are able to go to 2165 or whenever it was and alter things so that the Observers are never created then what does this mean for our heroes?

The invasion will never happen, obviously, and Olivia is hoping this will mean that Etta will never have been killed, so she will get her back, BUT .....

Remember when Peter was a child and Walter had just taken him from the Alt universe, and they were drowning in the lake, and they were saved by September, an Observer.?.. So if the observers don't exist, wouldn't that mean Peter drowned in the lake as a child, so Olivia never met him, so Etta never existed??

IYSWIM

By the way, why do we never see a female Observer do you think? Or are they all supposed to be neuter or something?

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 16-Jan-13 08:35:23

I miss gene grin

Hey, I was just thinking of starting a thread on this v topic!!

Episode 11 is on Wed & Episode's 12 & 13 are on early Sat 1.10am. Apparently showing same time as U.S.

Can't wait!!! Damn those Observer's, especially Windmark.

I hope Gene make's an appearance!!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 15-Jan-13 20:11:17

ive kinda got lost - no one explaining episodes to me sad

but will watch last few episodes as watched all the other seasons

hedwig2001 Thu 10-Jan-13 15:17:37

It is really different from the last series, but I still love it.
I shall be rather bereft when it finishes.

GeneCowan Thu 10-Jan-13 14:49:42

It will also be broadcast at the normal Wednesday pm time as well as the really early morning one. What have you thought of this season? I almost gave up after the first few episodes and was really wishing that they had stopped after the fourth season. Last few episodes have really picked up though and I'm enjoying it again.

hedwig2001 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:29:02

Ok, it seems the middle of the night timing, is so that we see it at the same time as it is broadcast in America!

hedwig2001 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:40:30

Sorry, small correction. Next episode is tomorrow, 9th Jan.

Oh thanks. I knew it was coming back on but will have to check if it's recording the finale.

hedwig2001 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:53:17

Just looking in the Radio Times. Fringe is back on Sky 1, on Wednesday 16th Jan which is great.
However, they are stuffing the double bill finale in at 01.10 on the morning of Saturday 19th!
Glad we don't have to wait long, but it seems rather rude to stick it on in the middle of the night.
Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now