Big fat gypsy christmas

(56 Posts)
Bessie123 Fri 28-Dec-12 22:44:05

I just caught 20 mins of this when I was channel surfing. There are loads of little girls trussed up in disgusting heavy but tight dresses with diamonds all over them. It looks so inappropriate, I don't understand how sexualising 7 year olds can be a cultural aspiration. Can anyone explain?

Santasapunkatheart Sun 30-Dec-12 15:31:36

Great points, Grrr. Well said. I just wish people would stop saying 'Well I met a community of gypsies and they were lazy and so that's how all gypsies are.'

It nonsense. As well as being offensive.

I am fascinated by all those different branches, Grrr.

Chippychop Sun 30-Dec-12 22:06:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Booyhoo Sun 30-Dec-12 22:17:38

'pykies' ?

original. where'd you think that one up? oh wait. you didn't think did you. hmm

Chippychop Sun 30-Dec-12 22:27:11

No I tuned in after channel hopping. I I choose not to dwell on them otherwise I worry my house insurance will go up smile

bureni Tue 01-Jan-13 20:33:47

Why do people assume that Roma gypsies are from Romania, they are from India and called Chavi which is a word commonly adopted by the English as an insult to the power class, the Irish gypsies are called Pavee with neither group having anything in common with this low budget television show that pays these people to dress up like christmas tree decorations for this tacky and ill informed show.

bureni Tue 01-Jan-13 20:34:13

lower class^

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now