Hej og hilser velkommen.

(536 Posts)
ImperialBlether Sat 17-Nov-12 14:57:30

It's on tonight! Get your herrings and your jumpers and your tattoo of Troels on show and join me on the sofa for series 3 of The Killing.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Sat 08-Dec-12 23:42:37

Is Mark just being an ass hat and avoiding Eva, not in danger then?

Stoffer could be lying about Karen if he has something to hide, they can't very well verify anything by asking Benjamin.

teejwood Sat 08-Dec-12 23:45:46

just to go back to the start - the sailors became involved because the body got tied up in their propellers, is that correct? so how were they persuaded to change their statement? can anyone remember? was it to say they could see no signs of foul play on the body when it was found? perhaps there were some identifying ropes/knots on the body they didn't disclose?

teejwood Sat 08-Dec-12 23:48:36

true, donkeys, but she did look uncomfortable at various points tonight. hoping mark is hiding somewhere while having a pre-birth case of the heebie-jeebies..

skandi1 Sun 09-Dec-12 00:00:28

Teejwood. Not rude at all. grin
Sorry I was busy warming more mulled wine <drunk>
Yes translation re Benjamin is correct. He saw something he believed his dad wouldn't have been happy about. According to the PMs brother.

skandi1 Sun 09-Dec-12 00:04:46

The translation on the subtitles is ok. You are missing out on some of the hidden dry and black Danish humour but some of that doesn't lend it self well to translation.

So far I only picked up on a couple of things I didn't feel we're accurately translated. Perhaps because it required more words iykwim and the pace of the story was moving too fast for a 100% translation.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Sun 09-Dec-12 00:06:27

teej I was sidetracked by Karen and Kamper drawing closer so I just thought she was being protective of him.

Weren't the sailors paid off to adjust their statements?

frankinsensible Sun 09-Dec-12 00:09:18

So they introduced a completely new character as the kidnapper? That's so unfair! Even if he's in it with someone else - which he surely would have to be what with overpowering the sailors and the justice guy and all the shenanigans with trucks vans and boats - it's still bang out of order to bring someone new in at this point. Unless he's in someone we've already seen briefly but now in disguise (really clutching at straws now)

teejwood Sun 09-Dec-12 00:20:52

frank we've seen Louise's killer from the start, and then heard the sailors' killer/Emilie's kidnapper or seen him in shadow - so strictly speaking we can't say they haven't given us our killers from the start.
donkeys yy about the statements - but what did they change? we've never really found out, have we? that is all left hanging.

LaVolcan Sun 09-Dec-12 00:22:05

A couple, well lots really, of things trouble me. If the kidnapper is Louise's father but he hardly knew that he had a daughter, surely he would be unlikely to be motivated to get revenge in the way he has been doing? It would be different if he had known her growing up.

Maja said that Emilie was a sensible girl so that suggests to me that the only way she could accept an ipad from someone would be if she knew them. Even if she was annoyed with her parents about their divorce, I don't think she would accept gifts from strangers.

teejwood Sun 09-Dec-12 00:27:44

Volcan agree with you re Emilie - it would suggest that she has been groomed online for a long time if it isn't someone in the family circle.
Re the kidnapper - if the father feels like Zeeland took everything from him - his career and livelihood (he was living in underground passages, really??!!) and his daughter (because she went into a Zeeland backed home, before being killed - possibly with links to Zeeland) then he may have been tipped over the edge into wanting to get revenge.

frankinsensible Sun 09-Dec-12 09:13:49

My post was badly worded teej, obviously we have 'seen' him from the start but what was the point of all those obscure, back of the head shots if not to mask a character we had already been shown? Its a bit of a cheap shot to keep everyone guessing for 7 episodes and then reveal that the character isn't anyone we know.

I find the whole 'kidnapper' character too comic-book for my liking. He can live underground, pass anywhere through any security and under any radar, get to anyone at their home address, survive mortal wounds and disappear in a puff of smoke every time someone's within a few feet of him. Too silly. They could just about redeem it if they reveal that it's someone in disguise - he's wearing a lot of disguise type things - hat, glasses, odd hair (straws turn to cornflakes in hands from being clutched at so long...)

maxmillie Sun 09-Dec-12 11:08:17

When did we find out he was Swedish?

He's got mark and or Eva I reckon

evenkeel Sun 09-Dec-12 11:31:10

They said he was a Swede when he came to see Zeuthen claiming to have spotted Emilie from his sailing-boat - and he was speaking Swedish when he described the supposed sighting (says she smugly, having no knowledge of Swedish whatever apart from avidly watching every Wallander grin)

Couldn't agree more with previous comments about the perp's magical ability to disappear into thin air, even after having been shot at fairly close range by SL. She must a crap shot, which also doesn't ring true...surely if she carries a gun she has to be trained to use it?!

frankinsensible Sun 09-Dec-12 11:55:11

She's also presumably been trained to be professional and detached but that didn't stop her from missing a assignation with kidnapper which could have resulted in Emilies death because she was distracted on the station platform! Not to mention shagging a colleague and then oversleeping! Not to mention making wild accusations in public at Members of Parliament without any hard evidence or legal preamble! hmm

LaVolcan Sun 09-Dec-12 13:25:24

Another question here: how is it that the perpetrator is/was able to run away so fast, despite walking with a limp and yet is still leaving trails of blood everywhere? You'd think he would a) have bandaged himself up by now, b) be feeling a little faint with the blood loss and bruising.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Sun 09-Dec-12 14:00:00

Yes LaV that doesn't tie up with any medical skill we thought he had, following murder #5 of the pathologist.

maxmillie think Eva is safe, if the caller really was a midwife telling Lund they needed to reach Mark because Eva had been admitted.

Smeggnog Sun 09-Dec-12 14:33:06

I went to bed after episode 7 last night, and have just watched episode 8 now. And now I'm feeling all smug because I KNEW RHEINHARDT WAS A WRONG 'UN! grin Although sad for all those fictional children.

Can I also point out that they keep saying Benjamin 'disappeared'. They've never actually stated that they found his body, just that he's disappeared / dead. I think I need a little more clarification, although maybe that's just me being overly suspicious. skandi has there been anything more said than we've missed in translation?

Karen's never come across as particularly trustworthy anyway, has she? A bit too obsessed with the end to worry about the means, IYKWIM.

Yes, the 'Swedish' yachtsman is who I discovered was playing 'GM'. I was right, it did spoil it for me a little, because I instantly knew he was the perp/kidnapper, and was practically yelling at the screen for Robert to figure it out. LAD GOOGLE VAERE. It can't be undone sad

skandi1 Sun 09-Dec-12 15:53:40

Smeg. Nothing you have missed re Benjamin. The circumstances are being kept vague for the viewer for now. As I think Brix said last night that officially Benjamin's death was classed as an accident but there was speculation it was suicide. Nothing on that front has been lost in translation.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Sun 09-Dec-12 15:59:04

Didn't they say Benjamin had stepped in front of a train?

RedcupsforChristmas Mon 10-Dec-12 07:03:16

Finally caught up last night, gosh dodgy dodgy and they keep throwing red herrings at us....thought of something deep and clever to add earlier but feeding DD and brain not in gear...

ClaraDeLaNoche Mon 10-Dec-12 21:53:00

Caught up. So Karen was seen speaking to Zeelander- big hairy deal. She's the PM's advisor for god sake. Mark is still a waste of space, he better have a good excuse. Felt so sorry for the brittle, broken and beautiful Mrs Borch. They are a lovely l

ClaraDeLaNoche Mon 10-Dec-12 21:54:09

Gah! A lovely looking lot.

ClaraDeLaNoche Mon 10-Dec-12 21:55:52

Slandi do you look like a supermodel as well?

skandi1 Mon 10-Dec-12 22:58:07

Haha. Sadly not. Got the height for it but that's about all grin

I kept saying to dh that they never made it clear if Benjamin was dead or not but I'm second guessing myself now.

I'm not sure it's The PA guy either. He may be another red herring.

Please could someone explain why Karen meeting a Zeeland person is such a big deal? I the govournment was all for smoozing them? That bit's gone over my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now