Masterchef the Professionals

(66 Posts)

Anyone else watching this.

Bloody LOVE Monica grin

reddwarf Tue 13-Nov-12 20:20:51

I wondered that about Carl too. He said. He's working in a pub making burger and chip, so I was amazed he could cook so well and even more amazed he was classically trained and grew up in France. He seems somehow sad and humble , and yes, I'd love to know how he's ended up flipping burgers.

My God, even I can cook better than grey food man!

BornSour Tue 13-Nov-12 20:34:48

Aww grey food man has been kicked off.

Now there's a massive surprise. grin

PseudoBadger Tue 13-Nov-12 20:34:57

Just L.O.L at this episode!

Whodyanickabollockoff Tue 13-Nov-12 20:57:37

oh well she did really well hats off to her

Whodyanickabollockoff Tue 13-Nov-12 20:59:07

I hope when she has a chance to reflect and watch it over she might realize that she's carry a bit of extra timber that might need addressing(harsh but fair)

NellyBluth Tue 13-Nov-12 21:54:01

She seemed like a fantastic cook rather than a chef - her food looked as though it would taste amazing, but it was far less restaurant-y than the others.

MsNobodyAgain Tue 13-Nov-12 21:59:45

I was a little surprised she went but I see what you mean about her being her a cook rather than a chef.

What some of them did to that lobster was criminal ... says she that has never prepared lobster in her life, but Monica makes it look so easy. She's ace.

Frontpaw Wed 14-Nov-12 21:26:30

Who went tonight?

herbaceous Thu 15-Nov-12 18:31:37

That weird, dead-eyed lee, and Oliver, who disappointed with his lack of mango.

Frontpaw Thu 15-Nov-12 18:47:15

Ah the lost member of the royal family and the pastry chef (lost by pastry??). Not too suprising then! My money's on - whatziz name - Chris? London chef who trained in France (with a scar on his head like he'd be whacked with a very leavy open oyster shell).

greatresult Thu 15-Nov-12 20:33:43

Cheering on the Scottish one.

Brugmansia Thu 15-Nov-12 20:50:48

I think Anton's through.

I like that guy from Devon. That carrot cake! Made me smile

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Fri 16-Nov-12 18:01:20

I absolutely love this. I think monica is absolutely brilliant, her expressions are priceless. And michel is such a gentleman, with a wonderful way of being critical wuithout being harsh.

I am rooting for the devon boy - dd and I are originally from devon and we keep going 'awwwww' at his lovely accent. And that guinea fowl was inspired.

I also had a soft spot for that lovely young lad who looked like a boy from rizzle kicks.

One thing though - why do they persist with those ghastly shit smears on the plates?

MsNobodyAgain Fri 16-Nov-12 18:14:57

I thought he looked like Bruno Mars.

At least they have moved on from paintbrush smears on plates. A smidgen of tasty sauce glued to the plate with a Harris No Loss paint brush.

Mother grin at the shit smears! One of the food critics mentioned those, so I think she's seen a fair few plates like it. That Devon guy is lovely with natural flair and so humble for someone with his talent.

I love Monica and Michel. Even when not impressed they are dignified. I would eat anything Michel put in front of me. In fact I think I could eat him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now