Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Why am I addicted to Real Housewives of NYC?

(955 Posts)
Littlemisspoorly Fri 02-Nov-12 16:52:15

I shout at the TV and they all seem like back stabbing bitches...but I'm hooked!

mignonette Sat 03-Nov-12 21:57:52

I didn't know that. Were any chat shows? That's her strength..

ELR Sat 03-Nov-12 21:59:48

Me too totally addicted!! DH is totally appalled and can't understand why I'm watching it. I loved orange county too but NYC is my fave.

PoppyAmex Sat 03-Nov-12 21:59:54

No, it's about her marriage, then having her baby and the third one about the business she just sold (for millions).

I know too much about this subject blush

watchseries.eu/serie/bethenny_ever_after

mignonette Sat 03-Nov-12 22:01:01

Thanks again Poppy

JudeFawley Sat 03-Nov-12 22:07:23

I have seen them all at least x3, but love them.

The Bethenny/Jill fall out still upsets me though! What a waste of a great friendship.

Chottie Sat 03-Nov-12 22:15:43

I am hooked too! My fav was OC, but NYC is also addictive. I record it (as I work full time) and then watch it as chill time in the evenings. Ramona is so out of control, Kelly seems a bit spaced out (meds maybe?) Jill is so full of what she owns. I do feel sorry for her D though.

Littlemisspoorly Sat 03-Nov-12 22:16:14

How strange are the tall lanky couple?

TobyLerone Sat 03-Nov-12 22:19:51

OMG Alex and Simon. He is soooooooo odd. And their children are little shits

Chottie Sat 03-Nov-12 22:21:30

Simon's leather trousers !!!! and that funny little beard!!!

PoppyAmex Sat 03-Nov-12 22:23:25

He's deep in the closet, isn't he?

mignonette Sat 03-Nov-12 22:34:46

Simon receiving a massage by spooky Hamptons house rental lady and saying he was feeling heat in the groin area.................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<< Boak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Littlemisspoorly Sun 04-Nov-12 20:28:05

Is it me or does Alex look like an ugly Nichole Kidman?

mignonette Mon 05-Nov-12 09:11:26

Alex likes to think she looks like NK! I cannot bear her whooping, affected laugh.

TobyLerone Mon 05-Nov-12 11:18:38

I am catching up with the 3 episodes I have recorded. I have no idea why I love this show so much. They all irritate me!

TobyLerone Mon 05-Nov-12 11:25:00

Oh, and I HATE how Alex and Simon McCreepy always feel the need to justify living in a $9million dollar house in Brooklyn.

you all need to get caught up on NY! That is 2 series ago that is on now.

And watch New Jersey. Its hilariously bad. It's like the Soprano women multiplied by a million.

Having a really sore back means I have too much time lounging on sofa watching crappy, yet addictive tv. grin

TobyLerone Mon 05-Nov-12 11:52:57

I'm not a big fan of New Jersey. I do record it in case of extreme boredom, but it's not my favourite.

So NY is on series 5?

they are showing repeats at moment of NY - and OC is finished for the moment, cant wait for it to come back on.

PoppyAmex Mon 05-Nov-12 12:05:39

Yep, NY has moved on quite a fair bit.

I listed a link upthread where you can catch up - this last series has been even better. It has a "Princess" with Kennedy connections, which has left the Countless a little bit miffed. grin

Littlemisspoorly Mon 05-Nov-12 17:37:33

Oooooo I can't wait to see this!!!

oh poppy Even I havent seen that one yet. Can you link to it please?

AlienRefluxovermypoppy Mon 05-Nov-12 18:28:56

I am determined not to watch it, I got inexplicably addicted to OC housewives,and haven't quite forgiven myself for that one!

SwedishEdith Mon 05-Nov-12 18:30:24

Is LuAnn still a Countess now she's divorced? shouldn't care at all I do think LuAnn is incredibly good looking - got a mix of Johnny Depp and Susan Sarandon about her. But I just feel exhausted by all of their constant talking.

It's trash, but its hilarious and they make themselves look awful.

TobyLerone Mon 05-Nov-12 18:32:29

Apparently she got to keep the title.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now