Gilmore girls

(45 Posts)
Chippychop Fri 28-Sep-12 22:50:57

I've just been watching some clips on you tube. Did Rory get killed? I thought he whole series ended with Rory leaving home.... Please put me out of my misery

I had completely forgotten about Lukes daughter - and her mum! They both did just seem like annoying/unnecessary characters. And that bit where Luke went on a cruise and married that lawyer confused That was just bizarre and so un-luke. I suppose they needed to do something to create a Luke/Lorelai relationship.

I love Kirk. I think he is actually a scarily realistic character. Paris too - I was so happy when she turned up at Yale grin

CelstialNavigation Wed 03-Oct-12 18:58:16

Rory is the main actress in a coming of age/ romcom type movie due out shortly - saw the trailer.

Lorelai's character in Parenthood is definitely not too far away from Lorelai (although Lorelai is more likable and entertaining).

Emily seems to be playing the same type of character she did in GG in that Bunheads series that's been going a few months in the States.

That's written by Amy Sherman - Palladino too (?) and full of fast talking characters in a wacky small town too so may be worth a try for a GG-type fix.

whatkungfuthat Wed 03-Oct-12 19:01:32

And Sookie is in Mike and Molly

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 03-Oct-12 19:03:37

Oh yes, I've seen Sookie.
I loved her in GG.

The dude that married Lane is in True Blood.

Sookie was in Bridesmaids too

DaPrincessBride Wed 03-Oct-12 19:11:33

Ohh I love this programme. Discovered on ML and never looked back grin

Chippychop Wed 03-Oct-12 19:21:50

Sookie is in bridesmaids too completely different character but I think it worked

CelstialNavigation Wed 03-Oct-12 19:44:05

And Logan appears to have become a high-powered litigator (possibly being rejected by Rory caused him to grow up a bit).

Wasnt Rory also in Sisterhood of the travelling pants?

Sookie has been in loads of things...that thing with Christina Applegate where the girl loses her memory? How apt that I have forgotten the bloody name of it grin

Luke was in The Event.

I love GG. Emily is so good (she was in Dirty Dancing!!) and Richard is really sweet (he was in The Good Wife a few times).

I miss it sad

whatkungfuthat Wed 03-Oct-12 20:05:04

I miss it too. There was talk of a movie a while ago to tidy up the storylines. Doesn't look likely now though.

We should write a letter to Lauren Graham. She was a producer in the later seasons.

Chippychop Wed 03-Oct-12 23:37:12

And Sookie was in bridesmaids. It took me ages to place her as she is soo different in both.

I'd love the box sets for Xmas...

Its a good thing to have Chippy smile My friend downloaded every episode for me and put them all onto disk so I could watch it whenever I like. I was so happy grin I watched some last night.

I think the box set is about £50 on Amazon.

I always struggle to get through season 7. I didn't like those two friends they gave Rory. It was so obvious they were written in just to give Rory someone to talk to after Paris was gone.

None of my friends watched this and I keep telling them how good it is and to watch the repeats. It is the fab characters that make it. Lorelai is brill.

FreshWest Thu 04-Oct-12 22:27:48

I loved watching this when it was on E4, wrong time of day for me now tho. Adding to the "who was in what?" debate, Richard was the head vampire in Lost Boys.
Rory and jess went out in real life for a while too I think.

Wetthemogwai Fri 05-Oct-12 01:13:45

The box set is going on my Xmas list!

Richard was in Richie rich as his dad

Emily, of course, was the mum in Dirty Dancing...

Chippychop Fri 05-Oct-12 16:32:20

Off course she was!!! Never clicked!

I think Rory and Jess were together for quite a while.

Jess was in heroes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now