Katie on Cbeebies

(36 Posts)
cerealqueen Mon 30-May-11 22:05:25

.... looks like she is now a regular presenter. I find her very annoying. Is it just me?

vintageteacups Mon 30-May-11 22:12:11

She the 'I can Cook Katie', yes?

Yes - she's annoying. I prefer her on I can Cook to being a normal presenter.

cerealqueen Tue 31-May-11 21:01:47

She's just so fake cheery, always bouncing about and grinning inanely at whoever she is with and then at the camera. I love the others, they work really well together but something about her really grates on my nerves.

EggyAllenPoe Tue 31-May-11 21:06:36

a major step up from Alex and Cerrie, though they seem to have got better too...

specialsmasher Tue 31-May-11 21:08:48

I think she's good at it - hard not to look a tiny bit fake cheery...

Meglet Tue 31-May-11 21:10:14

I'd look cheery if all I had to do was present Cbeebies.

I bet they're all down the pub by 3pm.

moajab Tue 31-May-11 22:59:16

No, not just you. I find her really annoying. I hated the way she was always laughing at the kids on I Can Cook.

MrsChemist Tue 31-May-11 23:38:15

Are they replacing Cerrie with her? I prefer Cerrie.

Numberfour Sun 05-Jun-11 19:25:15

It is as if she is trying SO hard to be fun fun fun!! Look at me! I am good with children! I love them! I have a cheerful disposition! I am a Cbeebies presenter!!

fuck. she annoys me.

MrsJamin Sun 05-Jun-11 19:45:48

I like her, leave her alone! All children's presenters are annoying if you don't like them being cheery!

Numberfour Sun 05-Jun-11 19:49:42

There is cheery and then there is C H E E RYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! grin Tonight, I am neither.

Is Cerrie pg?

I noticed her v flat stomach looking eeversoo slightly unflat a month or so ago

<reminder to self-must get a life>

Wolfgirl Sun 05-Jun-11 21:03:07

Oooh interesting. I've thought this 'secretly' for a lonnnnggggg time. It's totally got out of hand... festered inside me really. I thought to myself... she sounds so fake and not real LOL Like.... she got the job... yipeeee, but either she is so not 'presenter' material, or she has low confidence and doing her best to wean it out of herself and over subscribes to 'cheeriness'

he he he! ooooh, what are we like! grin

I thought this! She doesn't seem natural with the kids at all, so trying too hard to be chirpy and beloved by the kids that they are probably all thinking 'who's this goon'?

Wolfgirl Mon 06-Jun-11 15:35:11

ha ha... they're probably not though, and we have probably been very naughty! grin poor woman!

Cattleprod Mon 06-Jun-11 15:38:22

I thought the same as GoodnightNobody - Cerrie looks pregnant so I assumed they were training Katie to cover her maternity leave.

It's a bit unbalanced anyway - 3 blokes and Cerrie.

Poledra Mon 06-Jun-11 15:45:16

Cattleprod, the imbalance is intentional, in order that CBeebies keeps the boys watching see here. I remember reading a much more detailed article on this at about the same time, but it was in the rpint version, and I can't find it online.

Poledra Mon 06-Jun-11 15:45:32

print version

Cattleprod Mon 06-Jun-11 15:56:43

Thanks Poledra, that's a really interesting article. smile

PaperView Mon 06-Jun-11 15:59:41

I prefer Katie to Cerrie personally. Cerrie just seems glum next to the others though i am sure she isn't.

PharoahNuff Mon 06-Jun-11 16:06:15

i heard a very intereresting rumour about cerrie.
she aint the angel she seems..

sniff

ilovedjasondonovan Mon 06-Jun-11 16:09:07

So whats this rumour??

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 06-Jun-11 17:15:43

PharoahNuff - really?!

Will be keeping my bitchy eye out for Katie's bump/Gu pudding addiction! - I have harbored an unfounded dislike for her for a while!

DH is adamant that Pui from Show me show me is pregnant - saw the adverts and she does look abit fuller of face and that billowy top doesn't help! Also he said she'd left show me and went to the states to be in a film where she showed more than she would have at cbeebies - titter wink - if this is true Im surprised cbeebies had her back!

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 06-Jun-11 17:17:06

ilovedjasondonovan - Im assuming the same thing Richard Bacon was caught doing! - mind you Im not really the best at reading between the lines grin

bigbadbarry Mon 06-Jun-11 17:19:53

Bring back Chris and Pui, I say

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now