Car insurance

(7 Posts)
Gill66 Tue 10-Sep-13 22:49:00

Any advice on the cheapest car insurance for my 17 year old?? Got test in 2 weeks .. Ta

specialsubject Tue 10-Sep-13 22:56:18

no such thing as cheap and 17. Under £2k and you will be doing well.

put a grown-up on the insurance as 'named driver' (NOT the other way round which is fraud)
consider pass plus, black boxes etc.

or just wait until child is 25.

The best offer we got was a multicar deal from Admiral, who we were already with, that came out much better than ay we saw on comparison sites.

We also went with Admiral multicar.. Was by far the cheapest!
However Ds1 had an accident this summer ( just bad luck..I was in he car behind and it could have been me) and they have been incompetent morons dealing with it! Failing to read emails they requested, multiple forms etc...

We re probably staying with them tho as claims aside they are pleasant to deal with!

Blush12 Wed 11-Sep-13 23:03:40

My DS 19 is with ASDA that was the best deal for his golf.

Lots of threads on this, I really wish MN could do a sticky thread.
It makes a difference whether you are buying him a car of his own or whether he is going to borrow yours.
DS1 did practice between lessons in my car and now borrows it a couple of times a week. By far the best deal was Direct Line. They allow him to build up notional NCD as a named driver.

Oh and it's not fraud to have your DC as a named driver if they are genuinely not the main driver.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now