Making decisions for/on behalf of/with your children

(31 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 12-Mar-13 20:47:00

Or support them with thiers

It's so hard to know if you/they have decided right

I guess this happens more with teenagers than at any age really.

KatyMac Thu 14-Mar-13 21:58:52

Oh she still has (3+1.75+0.75+1.5+2.5+1) a week plus (0.5+0.75+2) of other stuff; she won't be giving up

KatyMac Fri 15-Mar-13 20:47:24

Starting a new class tomorrow - well trialling it

My dad found it, so we are all a bit hmm tbh

I think London is are only real option now

Maryz Fri 15-Mar-13 21:03:39

You have to bite your lip and let her get on with it don't you.

Who'd be a teenager these days, it's so hard [sigh]

Theas18 Fri 15-Mar-13 22:50:05

Agree totally it's very hard being a teen these days.

Adressing the OP directly... I suspect I managed DS move away fom rugby to other hobbies. Probably not what he really wanted, I'm sure he could have been really good but he's had 3 seasons where he's spent most of it injured and has had friends who have sustained awful injuries - eg. Smashed lower femur/ disrupted knee joint combo - probably lifelong impairment and another broken wrist at AS module time. As ds had already had a neck injury, serios calf tear and fractured collarbone, it seemed at odd with his academic aspirations , so I just kind of didn't encourage it - but neither did I say "don't" or refuse to take him training.

I feel a bit guilty- he loves rugby, but at this stage in his education (AS year) a significant injury that took him out of school for evn a few weeks (and it wouldn't have to be anything really dreadful to do that - just something that needed surgery /pins etc) could stuff up the high grades he needs to follow te career path he has chosen. It's really difficult

Katymac good luck to your dd, hope it all works out or her in the end. There is almost always more than one route to the goal.

KatyMac Sat 16-Mar-13 12:01:02

Well I dropped her off - now it's just wait & see

KatyMac Sun 17-Mar-13 20:38:40

She's all a bit uncomfortable atm; not dancing this weekend has been really odd

She's had a sleepover & a duvet day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now