15 year yd & 16 year old boyfriend old alone in bedroom?

(9 Posts)
sashh Wed 06-Feb-13 07:23:37

I wasn't allowed a boyfriend in my bedroom, we used to do it in the front room.

The thing is I wanted to use my bedroom to listen to music, not have sex, we didn't have a stereo down stairs

niceguy2 Tue 05-Feb-13 09:59:47

I let my DD have her BF upstairs in her room. That said she is a year older. Not that I think that in itself makes much difference.

Personally I don't think they would do anything too untowards whilst everyone is in the house. I just have a nasty habit of popping in to check if they want a drink/biscuit/ask random question etc. grin

Virgil Tue 05-Feb-13 07:50:39

IMo you have the perfect set up. You have a separate downstairs room where they can be on their own, have a bit of a kiss and a cuddle and you can keep an eye in what's going on. That's all they need. If they want to go upstairs they want to go further. I do think they will find a way to do it anyway but yo don't need to make it easy for them.

specialsubject Mon 04-Feb-13 19:48:43

they can make conversation downstairs, why do you think they want to go upstairs?

your house, your rules. Make sure she is kitted up with contraception as she's going to do it somewhere. As they met so young it is unlikely to last so a quiet word with her to make sure she is happy with him being the first of some.

let her kick off. When she has her own place, she can do as she wishes.

febel Mon 04-Feb-13 19:11:54

yup...I realise it probably wouldn't stop them, but don't particularly want to make it easy either! ED had a boyfriend whose mum was at work a lot and unbeknownst to me she used to go there a lot and she'd be out....and ED said she regretted being persuaded to do it at 16 with him...says that for her was too early. She had a devil of a job to break up with him when she did too! (used to hang around the outside of our house etc all time)
Re the going up and down and disturbing them...yes, but then I'd have to keep going up and down..and her room at moment is VERY small....it's sit on the bed or on the floor. She only has him round, no girlfriends ever come round really.
Teenagers...who'd have em?!!

webwiz Mon 04-Feb-13 18:51:27

I've always allowed mine to have boyfriends in their rooms but with the proviso that the door stays open. There is always people wandering around including me so that cools their ardour a bit!

Virgil Mon 04-Feb-13 18:25:56

I agree you're right and also agree that it won't stop them (again if I was anything to go by!!). But it will at least stop them doing it quite as frequently!

glastocat Mon 04-Feb-13 18:24:33

You are right, but it probably won't stop them (if I was anything to go by).

febel Mon 04-Feb-13 18:22:38

Prob opening a can of worms here...daughter is kicking off cos so far we have had a rule that we haven't let her upstairs alone with boyfriend....nice lad, 16, been seeing him for around 2 years. They go in the sitting room when here, room on its own, I leave them in there and am not in and out all the time.Just feel bed/hormones etc too tempting? Or am I being over careful/suspicious?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now