Don't think ill have a very happy dd when she gets home..

(18 Posts)
gabyjane Thu 17-Jan-13 14:14:51

Dd is lucky enough to have her own bathroom. She gets asked to clean it and says she does but if im being completely honest i poke my head in and never really check properly. Over the last few weeks with her behaviour her latest thing has been leaving the toilet unflushed..not pleasant i can assure you. To add to it she has a radiator in there which is always on (has to be), the heat just makes it ten times worse and me and my partner have left it a couple of times to show her and hopefully make her realise it's disgusting.

Iv'e been in there this morning and it's dirty again. The whole bathroom is actually filthy with so much tissue and cotton buds stuffed down the sink its not draining, took me an hour plus to sort it out. So i did what i threatened to do and stripped it out, cleaned it and have shut it up empty. We are moving in a couple of weeks to a house with only one bathroom (we have 3 here) so she needs to get used to it but ive had enough.

Dreading later!!

crispsarenotoneofyour5aday Thu 17-Jan-13 14:21:17

Good for you! She'll get a horrible awakening when she has to share with everyone else. My eldest boy keeps asking to move into our guest room that has an ensuite. Over my dead body until he can demonstrate that he can behave as a member of the human race in his use of the family bathroom. I really don't need to add another room to be cleaned every week to the list...
Unflushed toilets are one of my major let hates.

Stay strong! Did you not take a 'before' picture?

I have DSs of 11 and 13. Bathroom crimes here include-

Toothpaste spit in the sink and on the taps.
Wet towels on floor
Wee in places other then the loo. hmm
None flushing. angry

We have one bathroom.

Sparkling We have all those bathroom crimes here but the saving grace is that they will willingly set to and clean it when asked. I guess it's just too much to hope that they would notice it needed doing without being asked grin.

bigbluebus Thu 17-Jan-13 16:56:52

DS has his own bathroom too. Fortunately, he grew out of the 'not flushing the toilet' phase a few years ago. I would be embarrassed to let visitors use the bathroom though. Toothpaste blobs in the sink, wee on the toilet seat, toilet roll trailing on the floor, soaking wet hand towel - often left on the floor, bathmat so wet that it goes mouldy and don't get me started on how far you can spit mouthwash! Oh and he has a collection of shower gels and body sprays - all with just enough in to make me not want to throw them away!
Thank heavens we have a dowstairs loo that visitors can use!

I thought the DC having a bathroom of their own would be an advantage but maybe not. grin

The toothpaste blobs in the sink winds me up. Means it's dropped off the brush and they are effectively brushing their teeth with water.

I thought we had made progress when the wet towels were on the bathroom floor rather than the bedroom.

Yes that's true secret and not on the beds. wink

bigbluebus Thu 17-Jan-13 18:03:56

DS has actually learned to hang his towel up on the radiator to dry. Realising that he is not having a clean towel everytime he has a shower (sometimes twice a day) means he quickly realised that getting dry with a wet towel is not a good idea!

LeBoob Thu 17-Jan-13 18:08:28

Is she home yet OP?

gabyjane Fri 18-Jan-13 09:24:43

She comes in at 7 now. Had a chat with her about her day and have to admit ide forgot about her bathroom till she started walking upstairs and i thought ill just leave it! few secs later..'mum how am i supposed to have a shower?' i said 'in ours' so thats what she did. Dd spends aaaages showering so i was able to monitor it as was changing our bed and she was told to get out after 10 mins. I told her it wasn't acceptable and embarrasing if anyone happened to want to us it (luckily we have a bathroom on each floor but still) so have banned her from using now as cleaned ready for when we move. Glad i did it then as well as would have spent ages...grr kids! Am really hoping that when we move things improve on many fronts and maybe im being naieve but can see the bathroom being one less issue as least its only one to keep an eye on not 3! She said last night she will have her own cupboard in the new one and keep eveything away so we will see!

Thanks

MuchBrighterNow Fri 18-Jan-13 19:21:09

We have an upstairs toilet that is only used by my 2 ds's. They regularly pee all over the seat and floor. I recently took the seat off completely to make it easier to clean. If they want a poo they now have to sit on the cold rim ! I've told them I'll replace it when They make an effort to be cleaner !

sanityawol Fri 18-Jan-13 19:31:29

I'm not looking forward to DS needing to aim when he reaches that age!

Slightly off-topic, but can I put in a plea for anything other than wee, poo and toilet paper to be binned rather than flushed or put down the sink? When we do beach cleans I'm always astounded by the number of sticks from cotton buds that we pick up.

bubby64 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:53:57

Both my DC deny it is them that leave the loo un-flushed, wet towels on floor, discarded roll inserts all over floor and toothpaste spit in sink, they also deny it is them that manage to get through 6, yes 6 toilet rolls in 5 days!!shock
I know it's not my DH or me, so we must have bathroom gremlins, anyone else have those???

Oh yes bubby. And use half a bottle of shower gel for one shower. sad

alemci Sat 19-Jan-13 22:11:54

Yes my dd has a shower room. Other dd is away. YD is 17.

Irritations include blobs of toothpaste, shower scrunchie left on floor, hair grips on basin which make rust marks etc. empty Loo roll dropped on floor despite there being a bin. Nightclothes dropped in a pile.

Never spraying shower. I do make her clean it from time to time

TheFallenNinja Sat 19-Jan-13 22:22:40

Good for you. Your house, your rules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now