Does your teen do their own thing on New Years Eve?

(7 Posts)
Cooroo Fri 28-Dec-12 21:00:47

16 yr old will be doing own thing for first time this year. Taking a train with friend to mutual friend's student flat for party. I expect drink will be taken but they're pretty sensible. They will sleep over so no worries about getting back.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 28-Dec-12 18:59:33

DSSs are 19 and 17.

19yo has arranged a minibus for him and 'the lads' to get too and from a venue in London from where they live.

17yo will be at a friends party, not with either parent!

NamingOfParts Fri 28-Dec-12 18:57:44

DD(17) has asked if her BF(19) can come for dinner - t'is very strange!

They did this last year as well!

toriaenator Fri 21-Dec-12 08:53:56

They'll be fine smile have fun and let them have fun!

I wouldn't let my 16 nearly 17 year old DS go to an over 18 venue.If it was a house party DH one of us would pick him up.

knackeredknees Wed 19-Dec-12 19:36:52

This year ds hasn't said, but I assume that he'll go to a club in one of the local towns. Occasionally he hasn't had enough cash for a taxi home so has run the 7 miles home smile

Last yr he was only 17 so he and his friends bought some alcohol and came back here (only 4 of them), the year before he was at a house party.

I think your kids will be fine as long as they're not the type to go totally overboard

CrazyDaizy Wed 19-Dec-12 08:54:49

It's great my kids (19 and nearly 17) have made their own arrangements for New Years Eve (last two years we've had House Parties, and I've said "never again!") So they are meeting their friends and going to a local venue some 6-8 miles away (so not far) I've asked "how they plan on getting back" and they all said Taxi (yeah right, on New Years Eve??)

Hubby + I plan to pop to our local pub so we can walk home. Both of us will have a few drinks. But I'm concerned that maybe one of us should remain sober to pick the kids up?

Then I'm concerned the kids will drink too much and be ill everywhere when they get back home. The venue is advertised on Facebook as having "cheap drinks" until 5am!! My daughter is at Uni so this is quite "normal" for her. But Son (nearly 17) is not used to boozing so much and this does concern me.

So looking forward to when all this party lark is out of the way and we can enjoy the New Year!

What's everyone else's teens doing for New Years Eve?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now