Ask a Teenage Girl anything

(133 Posts)
HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 16:53:35

Hey guys, I'm a fairly average teenage girl. If you want a teenagers view on something then feel free to ask. Sometimes its better to get a teenagers point if view on something to see what its like for them. So feel free to ask.

What do you look for in a boyfriend?

<looking for tips for DS>

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:51:01

TessGoesDirectToBethlehem She does indeed. I tell my mum everything.

Sparklingbrook Its is, like for a rate is okay. They mainly put in the region of 7-10 unless they're really mean.

VivaLeBeaver I assure you I am here with the nicest of intentions. I just thought it might help to get a teens point of view. I would never just do something to wind someone up.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:52:55

SecretSquirrels Funny, not immature, not in your face, sweet, kind, good looking, doesn't dress like a swag fag (not trackies, not jeans that show off your arse, not snapbacks), nice to you

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Dec-12 17:54:19

Snapbacks make me laugh too *Hipster. we live in Worcestershire not New York. grin

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:55:41

SparklingBrook I hate them with a passion. They think they look so amazing with them on but I reality they look like they are trying too hard.

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Dec-12 17:57:43

They look like giant toddlers in caps. grin

FellatioNelson Sun 02-Dec-12 17:59:47

Why do you scream REALLY loudly every time you see your friends, even if you just saw them yesterday? And what's with all the hugging? And why do you all do that funny fairy skipping or shuffling thing when you run towards one another?

I find it hard to believe I was ever one of you. You seem like a different species entirely.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 18:02:38

Sparklingbrook Haha they really do

FellatioNelson I, personally don't but I know a lot of people who do and it massively annoys me as well. I think its mainly just for the attention. I think its also I show off the fact that your in a friendship group and its almost showing other girls that thats their friends, like a territorial thing.

HoneyDragon Sun 02-Dec-12 18:03:06

Do you know where Shergar is? NO GOOGLING ALLOWED.

<<<please, please, please, any passing deities, let this thread be the one>>

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 18:04:24

HoneyDragon Isn't that a race horse?

GhostShip Sun 02-Dec-12 18:05:06

No teen I know would call themselves HipsterTeen. I find it a bit weird and slightly disturbing this thread..

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 18:05:48

GhostShip Why? I am a real teenager.

GhostShip Sun 02-Dec-12 18:06:16

Oh I know you're a load of bollocks since I've just read 'coats aren't fashionable'.

HoneyDragon Sun 02-Dec-12 18:06:24

Yes it is have you seen it?

GhostShip Sun 02-Dec-12 18:06:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FellatioNelson Sun 02-Dec-12 18:09:07

How many lesbians do you know? When I was your age I didn't know any but they are very fashionable these days I hear, and all the best schools/crowds/parties will have at least two, and they will snog and hold hands in public. In my day people would have fainted, or called the police. I'm all for the openly lesbian teenager though. Bring it on, I say.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 18:12:13

FellatioNelson I know quite a lot actually. I have a friend who kisses me randomly. Some people claim to be bi-sexual but I think thats just so they look 'cultured'

Ghostship Ahh okay

HoneyDragon Its a famously missing race horse, of course I don't know where it is.

Bluestocking Sun 02-Dec-12 18:12:17

Funny thing is, Teen, I used to feel exactly the same about coats more than thirty years ago. You'll grow out of it.
My next question is? Why do you all, like? Talk like this, like, all the time?

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 18:15:08

BlueStocking I'm sure I will :3 and because 'like' is a filler when we are thinking of what to say next.

GhostShip Sun 02-Dec-12 18:17:57

Thats the part that makes me think you're not a teen. Because you've said coats aren't fashionable. I know this is something teens used to say, but now I know teenagers who love buying their new winter coats. It's like you've said it because you think you're expected to say it.

Anyway if you are a teen you have my apologies. But I doubt you are wink

GhostShip Sun 02-Dec-12 18:18:47

I'm a teen... twentyoneteen grin

I am a teen grin
But OP, I would really love to know.....why people like the Keep Calm and Carry On posters. Indepth analysis appreciated thanks.

YouCanBe Sun 02-Dec-12 18:36:22

What is the teenage version of mumsnet?

Hip you're coming across as a very mature 15 year old.

marriedinwhite Sun 02-Dec-12 19:09:35

If I ask four times for empty yoghurt pots, dirty mugs and knickers to be picked up and put in the right place and to behave like a civilised human being - why is it nagging. If what I asked to be done was done I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

Why can't teenagers just fucking doing and be thoughtful of the needs/time of others? angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now