Ask a Teenage Girl anything

(133 Posts)
HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 16:53:35

Hey guys, I'm a fairly average teenage girl. If you want a teenagers view on something then feel free to ask. Sometimes its better to get a teenagers point if view on something to see what its like for them. So feel free to ask.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:34:56

Secretsquirrels I'm not on twitter, all teens aren't on twitter

WithTheDude When did you check? Was it around the time people last used to word 'dude'

Why aren't you out drinking vodka in the street or snogging boys in the park? Checks where own dds are...

Tbh WHY would you want to be on here talking to a load of old women, unless you are actually doing research for The Daily Wail or something?

My question is: what happens to a teenage girl if she is forced to spend more than ten minutes without a phone, a computer, a set of headphones or a lipstick?

AlmostAChristmasHipster Sun 02-Dec-12 17:36:01

"Oh hipster is so NOT a fashion subculture, puh-lease.

Anyone who dresses LIKE a hipster is instantly not a hipster.

Get with the prog, teen."

Yeah, what FromEsme said. I had to take a Facebook quiz to inform me that I was almost one smile. I rather hoped it was a state of mind...

It's never a good thing when someone comes onto a forum offering their unasked for advice, IMO, especially when that someone purports to be a teen. I've seen it a dozen times on different fora - it rarely ends well.

My teenage daughters would rather stick pins in their eyes than hang out online here. Tumblir is where it's at, apparently <shrugs as has no clue>

CointreauVersial Sun 02-Dec-12 17:36:31

What's so wrong with wearing a coat?

Dededum Sun 02-Dec-12 17:37:30

It's freezing and no one wears a coat to school. Why?

Dededum Sun 02-Dec-12 17:38:19

Cross post CV smile

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Dec-12 17:38:31

I know that one.

No cloakrooms or lockers so kids have to carry all their stuff.

Ooh, good question about the coat!

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:39:17

AlmostAChristmasHipster Don't even get me started on Tumblr its basically Reddit for people who can't read

CointreauVersial haha, my dad says that. If it doesn't go with our outfits we won't wear it, we'll look like an idiot. Even if we freeze. (And the we'll complain about being cold) But coats just aren't fashionable.

RedZombie Sun 02-Dec-12 17:39:42

I love Tumblr, that makes me more of a hipster teen then when I was an actual teen. Mind you, the inventors of Tumblr probably weren't born when I was a teen.

I remember when it was all fields round here.........

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Dec-12 17:39:53

What is Ask.fm? It looks scary.

LadyWidmerpool Sun 02-Dec-12 17:40:19

When will the national hairbrush shortage end? It will be painful to brush out all those bird's nests sad

AlmostAChristmasHipster Sun 02-Dec-12 17:40:19

If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one around to hear it, does a hipster buy its album?

(I found Tumblir! smile)

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:40:53

The coat thing is that coats just aren't fashionable and I hate having to carry them round school and we always lose them. Its mainly inconvenience.

RedZombie Sun 02-Dec-12 17:41:27

grin at LadyWidmerpool

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Dec-12 17:41:43

<down wiv the hipsters> @@

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Dec-12 17:42:41

But its soooo cold Hipster you will freeze.

RedZombie Sun 02-Dec-12 17:42:59

Bugger. I meant @Lady, not at. Shit I'm soooooo not a hipster.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:43:21

sparklingbrook Ask.fm is where people as other people anonymous questions. In theory. In reality its where people bully other people and never get caught. I'd just tell your kids to avoid it at all costs.

LynetteScavo Sun 02-Dec-12 17:43:53

What brand of clothing should my Y9 DS wear when dressing to impress on non- uniform days?

Why won't my DS wear a plain white t-shirt under his school shirt when it's minus 4'C and he has to wait at the bus stop.

Why do girls add lots of iiiii's to thier name on facebook. One person, who I've known all her life as Grace, is now known as Graciiiie. I do not understand this.

In the similar thread earlier this year the poor girl was flamed to a crisp. Just to warn you.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:44:20

SparklingBrook I know but looking decent and not having to carry things around is our priority.

Does your mum know you are on here Hip?

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Dec-12 17:44:47

I thought it was like that Hipster-sounds grim. On FB what's the 'like for a rate' about? That seems cruel too.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 02-Dec-12 17:47:11

Well I certainly hope that noone would flame a teenager who's come here with good intentions. The last one iirc came with intentions of winding everyone up.

HipsterTeen Sun 02-Dec-12 17:48:09

LynetteScavo Oh i don't know. Maybe Levi's jeans, converse, a cool t-shirt and a hoodie. Things don't have to be branded to be cool

I don't know about the plain t-shirt, maybe he had PE and he thought he would look like an idiot

Girls add iii's because they think its cute, it isn't

and thanks for mothers these people can be very mean smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now