daughter keeps wearing leggings that are see through

(41 Posts)
lgreen Thu 06-Sep-12 12:49:05

Hello everyone, new to this forum and need some advice about my 15 year old daughter who has recently started to buy and wear leggings that appear to be very transparent (and some occasions they appear to look more like tights) Not up on all the current fashion trends of teen girls at the moment but when I pointed out to her she just told me that lots of girls her age do this. I just feel it will attract the wrong sort of attention, paticulary from males. She's even wearing them when she is out shopping with myself and I can't help feeling that she is drawing too much attention to herself for the sake of attention. It wouldn't be so bad if she wore a long enough top or if it was a party she was going to I could be more approving. At the same time, I don't want to say what she can and can't wear. Is there any other mums on here who can relate to this situation and what do you think? I'd like to hear your views.

thisoldgirl Mon 10-Sep-12 09:30:36

Those of you recommending thicker, better quality leggings are missing the point.

See through leggings are fashionable. That you can see thong/bumcheek/sanitowel through them is the point hmm.

It's called Hoochie style and Rihanna is the queen of the Hoochies. This role model has flashed her labia on television FFS, and her vagina being entered by Chris Brown's penis is a GIF on the internet.

I'd say the OP is getting off lightly with the see through leggings.

This is the sort of dilemma the Tights Troll used to have frequently smile

modifiedmum Mon 10-Sep-12 09:40:45

Them leggings from primark are awful,really sea through! i bought some of the cropped ones and was horrified you could see my pants so they are in the bin!! If i was you I'd just throw them out and replace them with better quality leggings but thats me! smile

CadleCrap Mon 10-Sep-12 09:58:59

How about letting her keep the leggings but bin all her knickers and replace with good old Bridget style ones grin

NCForNow Mon 10-Sep-12 10:01:12

Glad someone else thought that Farking

NCForNow Mon 10-Sep-12 10:01:50

It's always suspect when someone joins MN expressly for the purpose of discussing their teenagers underwear. Or see-through leggings!

lgreen Sun 16-Sep-12 10:43:31

thanks, will give that a try!

missSnow Thu 10-Jan-13 19:57:02

your daughter probably knows. She is 15 and in high school. She wants the boys attention, most girls will play dumb or pretend not to know any better but she knows. If she has non see through leggings but is going for the see through ones, then your best bet is she is trying to grab someones or peoples attention. I myself am a high school student who refuses to wear leggings because most girls wear them to show off their butts and to let boys see what kind of panties/thongs they have on. Have a talk with her, and let her know its her decision but in the end, she cant go crying to you if something happens to her because of that decision. It should be a lesson learned when she gets the wrong kind of attention. As for you feeling ok with her wearing things like that to parties, its a definite NO NO because at parties there are NO boundaries between right and wrong, and boys are more likely to make a move on her in those getups.

MissSnow how on earth did you come across this thread? What on earth were you searching the archives for confused

Oh and you are being a total sexist rape apologist numpty, btw.

They're meant to be see through! DS (16) has lots of friends who wear them - girls - and they buy pants with a view to them being seen underneath their leggings.

Horrible fashion. IMVHO (but I am ancient)

colditz Thu 10-Jan-13 20:10:30

Queen, easy on the school girls, yeah? Calling them rape apologist numpties is not an effective educative tool ....

AnyFucker Thu 10-Jan-13 20:14:19

This is an old thread resurrected by, erm, someone, for erm, dunno what.

Rikalaily Thu 10-Jan-13 20:16:01

A pair of tights underneath (I wear the ski bottom type ones) is enough to stop them being see though and not too thick.

Like that is really a female high school student - joined MN for, um, some reason and promptly started searching for threads on teenagers wearing see through clothes hmm

I think MissSnow must be a pervert man. Surely no woman talks about "panties"...

AnyFucker Thu 10-Jan-13 20:26:00

the "miss" is a bit of a giveaway too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now