Top things your teenager boys do that annoy you

(132 Posts)
Pythianlegumes Wed 28-Sep-11 18:36:31

Just as the title says. I am writing a comedy about teenage boys, and a lot of the audience will be parents. I am aware of many of boy's shortcomings, but list your top ones in case I have left some out.

Ha! My DD is worse! 14 and her room is beyond vile most of the time unless I am wielding 'my stick'.

MadameJosephine Tue 23-Apr-13 21:29:48

I've only read the first 2 pages but recognise all of it in my 16 year old DS (yet to find a wank sock though - eeeewwww)

My delicious DD is only 23 weeks old - please somebody tell me teenage girls are not as disgusting? Anyone??

Abra1d Tue 23-Apr-13 09:58:55

Appropriate, given we are talking about teenage boys. ;)

Merguez Sun 21-Apr-13 09:07:46

Just realised this is a zombie thread.

Abra1d Sun 21-Apr-13 09:03:21

Says he doesn't need help with GCSE revision or testing. Waits until I am taking hot pans of food out of the oven. 'Oh yeah, Mum, would you be able to do a French role-play with me now? The aural's tomorrow.'

Inability to read and interpret bus timetables and weekend changes to services. Leading to constant calls to collect him from far distances because he's got it wrong.

But I do adore him.

Merguez Sun 21-Apr-13 09:01:53

And refuses to wear a coat when waiting for the school bus, even if it is snowing.

Merguez Sun 21-Apr-13 08:59:14

uses all the hot water in a very long shower.

Stinks of Lynx.

Grunts.

watches TV while simultaneously playing a game or watching You Tube on his iPhone.

marriedinwhiteagain Sun 21-Apr-13 08:51:32

Everything listed but for the provocative arguments he starts and won't back down.
Inability to get stuff ready the night before and the "where are my cricket whites" when we both need to have left the house five minutes earlier.

FiftyshadesofYoni Thu 18-Apr-13 15:29:06

Mine does everything listed but is so cheeky and full of banter for his old mumsy that he gets away with it

I'm glad I read this thread, my son is 14 and does the majority of the above. But he is still cuddly (even though a lot taller than me) .

zaphod Thu 11-Apr-13 23:34:34

Thanks for this. I feel so much better about my teen boys now. Phew!

bubby64 Thu 11-Apr-13 23:22:33

I think thats all for today.....
By the way, my 2 are still 12, so by the looks of the rest of this thread, things are not going to improve soonsad .......

bubby64 Thu 11-Apr-13 23:19:04

Needs to be blackmailed to get them in shower, then you need the hot water to run out to get them out, wet towels dropped where ever they last stood, dirty clothes in piles on floor, often mixed with clean, ironed, folded clothes which they don't bother to put away. The overiding smell of lynx, eating all the crisps, biscuits, junk food available, then complaining they are hungry, offer them fruit or something healthy, and its as if you are offering them poison, slamming of doors, not listening or answering you because their ears are always plugged with earphones attached to phone, ipod or xbox, using 1/2 roll toilet paper on every visit, and then not flushingangry angry

Datun Thu 11-Apr-13 14:35:49

Oh, thank God. Everyone's teen is the same as mine. His ultimate saving grace is how he can endlessly (and generally unwittingly) amuse me for hours. For instance, on donning a sleeveless top and wondering whether I was a little too old for a strappy number, I made the mistake of asking for his sartorial advice (no daughters):
Me (critically surveying mirror): Do my arms look ok in this top?
Him (not looking up from texting): Huh?
Me: Do my arms look ok? Y'know, I don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb.
Him (still not looking): What does that mean?
Me: Y'know, mutton is old, lamb is young...
Him (head still down): No, you look fine. Mutton dressed as mutton with bad arms.

TotallyLaLa Mon 23-Jan-12 11:03:51

Oh fredlin how funny they are. According to my DS, I am just plain embarrassing (although not so embarrassing as when I have been shopping and DS and it seems like 20 of his friends all fancy a snack!!)
Cereal problems I totally relate to .... I never knew kids could go off food so quickly grin

fredlin Sun 22-Jan-12 22:50:37

Most of the above only to be expected but did not anticipate long-term occupation of the moral high ground. Hard line disapproval of parents' drinking (weekends only may I add), failures in domestic provisioning - fridge/cupboards (box of cereal every two days and then, without warning, same brand despised and left to fester), less than immediate answers to questions and, tonight we were berated because neither of us was a classicist. Massive but unpublished list of 'banned phrases' that I must never utter. Everything I say met with heavy irony or, more often, silence and a look of contempt. Definitely detect a pretty masculine, forensic brain developing but am keeping cheerful nonetheless.

doinmummy Mon 16-Jan-12 22:37:54

i have DD 14. Nearly all of the above I can relate to.
Do your DS ask for a lift to town then half way there ask you to pick up their mate who lives in the opposite direction?
Brings friends round for a sleepover without asking. Cant say no as said friends parents have all arranged to go out because they've got a kid free evening!

TotallyLaLa Mon 16-Jan-12 10:06:30

grin oh I am so going to use the "must be the attitude keeping you warm" comment to my 14 yo DD

Fabulous. Ta Olympic thanks

OlympicEater Mon 16-Jan-12 09:45:00

Think my friend is having some teen ishoos this morning.

Her FB status reads "Olympic's friend will never understand teenagers. Minus 3 and won't wear a coat. Must be all that attitude that keeps them warm."

[can so relate] emoticon

My friend says her kids have a 'floordrobe'.

My DS is nearly 17

Wet towels on the floor or bed
Rubbish on floor
Rubbish under or down sides of furniture ditto with dirty washing
Constant XBox
Apart from that he is lovely
Still gives cuddles, nearly 6ft 4" now with size 12 feet but skinny as a rake.

TotallyLaLa Sat 14-Jan-12 10:00:41

lolol!!! I find bogies on the wall above the bed! Nice hmm

MumorMug Fri 13-Jan-12 18:00:59

Brilliant, I am not alone! All of the above, although my DS isn't taller than me and I haven't encountered the 'crusty socks'........yet smile

One more for the list though....wipes bogeys behind radiator in the bedroom

Libermonkey Fri 13-Jan-12 15:45:47

I never realised that's why the socks were crunchy blush

percysgirl Tue 10-Jan-12 11:21:42

Oh where do I start DS is 16 ..... deep breath .....

Odd socks
Blackberry glued to hand but never switched on when I ring (!)
Eats everything and I do mean everything
Doesn;t like what I cook but will eat same meal at his mates house
Winding DD (14) and DS (4) up .......... constantly
All secretive
Doesn't talk unless you can understand grunts
Has to be practically thrown into shower
Steals my hair gel/hairspray/moisturiser/etc when meeting a girl
Never introduced to said girl (s)
Never has homework .E.V.E.R.
Likes to leave a pair of trainers in every room in the house
Thinks my car was bought just as his personal taxi
Thinks I have a money tree growing in the garden (I wish hmm)

But I love him and he loves me grin

Mollers Mon 09-Jan-12 20:55:38

Oh yeah, and the:

'have you seen my headphones/xbox controller/charger/gloves/neckwarmer/insert your own favourite'

and then 'well I definitely left it there so YOU must have moved it'

Grrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now