We love our guinea pigs!

(8 Posts)
loler Fri 08-Mar-13 22:00:22

DS2 collects all the banana skins from everyone on his lunch table to bring home for the guineas - the dinner ladies must really wonder what he's up to!!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 08-Mar-13 21:53:55

^ YES!!!

hmm

fridayfreedom Fri 08-Mar-13 21:42:21

Mine get more than my kids... Feel a bit guilty!!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 08-Mar-13 19:35:28

Ahhh yes - my fridge looks like I am a veg nut!

I am (neither are dh and ds) not!! The bottom draws are 90% guinea owned! grin

guineapiglet Fri 08-Mar-13 19:32:50

Hi all, and welcome lottie - hope you have lots of fun with the guineagirls, would love to see some photos if you have time! Sounds like you have already been 'trained' by them, they know if they wheek at you, something nice will appear! They do love being cuddled, but ours had 'cuddle cloths', nice snuggly things for you to put on your lap, put the guinea in, and then swaddle them a little so they feel secure. Everyone on these threads is lovely and they all have brilliant ideas, and advice. Enjoy them <green jealous face emoticon>!

PS LOL 70 at the the healthy trolley ( I used to shop at the co-op and stock up on their green veg when it was discounted, always looked like I was being ultra healthy, instead of ultra cheap and cheeful! Veg did not last long in those days! smile - then I discovered ALDI!!

They are lovely aren't they?

Just the right size and shape to cuddle (smaller and more portable than rabbits and they like being cuddled unlike alot of bunnies)
Bigger than mice
Awake at respectable times (unlike hamsters)
Not as intelligent as rats (which I view as a good thing grin )
I don't even want to think about chinchillas and sugargliders (skittery little devils)

And the added bonus of -my trolley in the supermarket or when I go to the local market to buy veg - looks REALLY healthy. I can see the cashier nodding in approval at the curly kale and spring greens and carrots.

FernieB Fri 08-Mar-13 16:30:45

That's lovely - we (me and my piggy boys) are glad you're enjoying them. As you say, they do have different personalities and I find they're very good at making themselves understood - they usually want food!

lottieandmia Fri 08-Mar-13 14:27:43

We have had them about 2 weeks now and they are so cute - I had no idea what interesting and different personalities they could have. I've just totally fallen in love with them. They are still only 10 weeks old but we get them out every day and they are becoming more used to us and starting to wheek when they see us approach with food. Yesterday one of them began to fall asleep on my lap when I was stroking her - she was lying on her side.

I am so very glad we got them and the children are loving them. Dd has taught them how to drink out of a bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now