Kritiq? Are you there?

(16 Posts)
guineapiglet Fri 25-Jan-13 13:40:22

Kritiq - know you are away and hope the boys have lots of fun! - Just wondered whether you wanted to post up about the Guineapig magazine ( I feel ashamed that I knew nothing about it!) - they want all sorts of contributions etc, and seem really guinea focussed, Sod's Law that they were about half an hour from where I used to live, but what a wonderful contact for other would be owners and a chance for others on here to 'strut their stuff'. Thanks for the recommendation! < my family think I have really lost the plot!>

weegiemum Fri 25-Jan-13 03:44:23

Unionised Pigs sounds good. Reckon my girls would be up for radical representation (they're mine, after all!) but boy house rabbit is people pleaser!

KRITIQ Fri 25-Jan-13 03:37:22

Oh yes! Want to see the gorilla face! I'm away a couple days, leaving boys in the care of their fab pet minder. Have a super weekend all peeps, pigs any other furry things.

Aw bless them they do look lovely together.
Did DBoar 2 get fretfull when his brother was away?
And coming home smelling all antisepticy and vets hand smelling (and we know where those hands go) envy <--vom

DD has a photo of GP2 nose and mouth (very close up). He looks like a gorilla (nostrils look like eyes. Then he's got a very long space between his nostrils and lip).
Cute but weird. Will try to post it.

Onward and upward !

KRITIQ Thu 24-Jan-13 21:52:17

Just took some snaps of them on my lap while DH did "room service."

here
here
here

Oh, GP1's fur will grow back quickly enough. He has to have a haircut about every month. Alternatively, I could hire him out as a "living wig" for bald men! smile

Leading Rodents grin lol. I too missed that GP1 was having surgery but I'm very glad he is doing well smile. Hopefully his lovely coat will grow back quickly and he will be back to his handsome self.

KRITIQ Thu 24-Jan-13 19:43:21

Fernie B, I suspect GP2 would sadly be "anti-union." I believe he's more "management grade." Or, quite possibly even more senior. Have you seen this?

KRITIQ Thu 24-Jan-13 19:40:32

I'd never trust GP2 with my credit card, no way! I suspect he's got a smart phone hidden under the hay somewhere so he can check his stock options.

GP1 - yes, the fluffy one, is doing really well. Going away just a couple days, but vet said I shouldn't worry. Got a fab pet minder who's already been round and coming in 3 times a day to feed and mostly cuddle.

Oh thanks - I'll pass on all this wishes to the spoilt hog patient! smile

GP1 would have parsley and strawberry Cornettos (he has a bite of the wafrer cone part)

Yesterday DD and her boy were sharing a red pepper. smile Sweet.

guineapiglet Thu 24-Jan-13 15:46:32

Hee hee!smile

Can you imagine what a guinea on line shop would contain!??
A very healthy traffic light system of green, orange and red - my girls would have included banana ( skins only), the 'orange' excel packets, and melon. Yes melon.

Plus of course teabags for fortified' s guineas, newspapers for cleaning out ( yeah, right) bread, and a link into the local farmshop for endless haybales.....

<starts to think about creating guineanet> !

It looks like the boar is doing an on-line supermarket shop.
"Do we deliver to your post-code" Yes
"KRITIQS' credit card details" -Yes
"Now, fruit and vegetables section" - Yeeeeeesssssss already grin

guineapiglet Thu 24-Jan-13 15:26:18

smilesmile

Really pleased to hear the patient is doing so well, bless him, what an ordeal for you all, hope he is getting extra 'rations' of appreciation. Thank you also for linking in the wonderful guineapig magazine, think we should run a thread on that so all the lovely furries on here can star in it as well - have volunteered to write a couple of stories about some of my guinea exploits, I never knew such a magazine existed, or I would have asked for it from Santa.

<wonders if that is what your GP2 is up to in this photo, writing his life memoirs -trying to earn an author's fee eh?>

I really think you should do your own calendar or blog as your photos are really brilliant and they always make me laugh. Shame you are so far away - we are literally at the other end of the country from you or I would have come and made your boy some cucumber soup!

Aw KRITIQ I missed about your guinea having surgery.
Were you waiting outside with hot water, soap and a towel (a la James Herriot)

How's the patient?
(This is the fluffy one isn't it, if your smooth boar is the one doing the IT work)

FernieB Thu 24-Jan-13 14:56:04

Kritiq - having seen your photo, I think the market rate for that kind of work is 3-4 slices of cucumber per hour with a parsley performance bonus on top. GP2 should not be unpaid for all the hours he puts in (extra probably if he's covering GP1's sick leave). My GP's are starting a union - would he like to join?

Glad GP1 is okay.

KRITIQ Thu 24-Jan-13 12:22:28

Hi Guineapiglet. Oh, thanks for asking. He's doing really well. Had his check up last evening and the vet is very happy with his progress. He only did the left side. Have to take him back for staples out week from Saturday and keep an eye on the other side for any change in the tumours there. Vet thinks he got the lot and they were all well-defined.

GP2 has shown no sympathy of course. He's like that. Had to pick them up between meetings yesterday and bring them to the office to go to the vets straight after. GP2 started complaining - something about "bloody unpaid internships," I think smile

guineapiglet Thu 24-Jan-13 11:56:08

Hi sorry to stalk you - saw you were on line and wondering how your lovely boy is doing after his op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now