New friend for nibbles

(9 Posts)

DD loves coco so much always cuddling. Nibbles squeaks like mad w hen coco is out of sight. Wary of Inner Kevin but at mo they seem fine x

guineapiglet Sun 20-Jan-13 15:17:44

Oh what lovely photos, isnt he sweet tucked in next to Nibbles - long may it last, it will be like having kids of different ages, some fighting, some making up, some arsiness - so glad you have found him a companion though and really hope they get on and enjoy each other.

<guineas are such cute shapes....>

Aww cute smile. Seen the pictures now.

Awww lovely photos on your profile. Love Cocos little white mullet (I'm not sure that's the right name - crest I think)

You'll look back in months to come and think "Was he ever so little" wink

Glad to hear Nibbles is embracing his new cagemate , but, yes, look out for the Power Struggles when Coco channels his Inner Kevin.

(There's loads of threads on here about it)

Hooray a friend for Nibbles smile. Excellent news. Be prepared for Top Boar power struggles but Nibbles will be so relieved to know he not the only piggie in the world. Good to read Nibbles is back to his old self smile.

YY to photos please grin.

Little one is great. Seems very healthy and happy.
DD loves him cos little and has made her much more confident with nibbles too.
We introduced in neutral run in the lounge. Coco was quite aggressive to begin with bit ting and climbing on poor nibbles. Got spare hutch fr him from free cycle. Read all abut neutral smells so yes did all that.

They both seem remarkably at ease with each other and very chatty. I realised how much steve's illness and subsequent death affected nibbles cos he's back to his vocal self....

Promise photos Tom....coco is cute

the smile was for the new piggie (in case it seems inappropriate talking about Steve and putting a smiley)

That's as clear as mud blush

Awwww smile it was Steve wasn't it who died.

Nice to know your pig has got company now.
Slowly slowly catchy monkey with the two boars - have you de- smelled the accomodation to make it neutral. And introduced them on neutral territory to make sure Nibbles doesn't feel Coco is muscling in.

Lots of food (the magic word for guinea-pigs)
And when they do share, make sure there's enough space between the bowls and the water bottle to make sure there's no jostling.

There's lots of advice on Barmy 4 Boars website about introductions.
Did your breeder advice about how long to keep in 'quarentine'? Has your new piggle been with other pigs or on his own (I've read on Rescue sites that they isolate for 2 weeks , but alot of rescue pigs will come in with parasites and neglect)

We need pictures you understand (not that I've got piglet envy you know) grin

His friend died after Xmas.

Managed to find 12 week old male from friend's accidental litter. His name is coco and he's gorgeous.
He is quite fiesty and is standing up for himself.

Introduced them very slowly and they now seem best of friends.
Photos tomorrow :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now