the heat does bring out ill advised tattoos doens it?

(83 Posts)
GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:27:13

" donna" across her neck
those awful ones on mens calves

SoupDragon Wed 01-Jul-09 12:28:28

I've just seen a young man in 3/4 shorts with magnificent legs ruined by what appeared to be fully covering flames down to ankle level.

My friend has an angel over her boobage, vile

GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:29:56

I have never once looked at one and thought " hey that looks nice"

wilbur Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:17

Oh yes, there was the most beautiful man on the Common yesterday but he was tatooed completely all down his buff arms, which really does not do it for me. Such a shame.

cocolepew Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:19

I saw a fetching Rolling Stones tongue logo on a boob.

GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:30:48

i have seen one of those before
How do you explain that to your kids?

Bonneville Wed 01-Jul-09 12:37:49

I used to want one. Now it seems everyone has got one and I dont suppose there is anything left that hasnt been done before. So dont think I actually want one anymore.

GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:39:14

you are saved

peanutbrittle Wed 01-Jul-09 12:39:52

I sort of want a lotus flower on my shoulder...but maybe not, so many of them do look very very grim

BettyTurnip Wed 01-Jul-09 12:39:55

Get your ya-yas out indeed.

Fast forward 60 years when she's getting a bed bath in hospital - the nurses will be thinking "Oooh, I bet she was a right one in her day" grin

akhems Wed 01-Jul-09 12:41:07

I saw a stunning looking woman the other day, beautifully dressed, immaculately groomed and then looked down and she had a massive tattoo on each of her calves.. looked so out of place and completely ruined her image imo

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 01-Jul-09 12:42:11

One of my friends at school had a tattoo doen when she was 16 of the Shamen (as in the groovy rave band) symbol on her left breast. I wonder what she thinks of that now she is 31?

JRocks Wed 01-Jul-09 12:43:33

I have a tattoo, but it's rarely seen. I like it, but don't expect anyone else to.

Today when coming out of my midwife appointment I passed a woman with a tattoo of a cat's head (drawn like you see on china plates etc) with what I assume was it's name underneath in big swirly letters. I think it may have been some sort of memorial. It did make me hmm Which is a huge double standard on my part, I realise. smile

watsthestory Wed 01-Jul-09 12:45:29

Message withdrawn

tiredemma Wed 01-Jul-09 12:47:28

awful- we saw a beast of a woman with a tattoo on her bicep of a topless woman with her throat cut and all blood pouring down.

What on earth would posess a woman to have a tattoo like that?? (albeit- she did look like a man)

GingerIgnoramus Wed 01-Jul-09 12:50:08

lol at wats

I saw a nice one the other day - the only nice one I've ever seen mind. It was a butterfly on her foot.

Having said that it was about an inch and a half/2 inches across and I think would look better slightly smaller but for some reason tattoo artists don't seem to do tiny ones.

A tiny, detailed, colourful butterfly on a foot or ankle would look lovely but guaranteed I would ask for that and get some bulbous, giant monstrosity.

watsthestory Wed 01-Jul-09 12:54:14

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Wed 01-Jul-09 12:56:24

Message withdrawn

oh my GOD wats grin shock

that is soooooo hideous.

watsthestory Wed 01-Jul-09 12:58:38

Message withdrawn

Wats,over here quick quick it's a code orange

Goodness, the front of the hospital was littered with all ages of smoking tattoos
It was not good
Felt like getting DD aged 5 to come and see, and learn

SoupDragon Wed 01-Jul-09 13:01:45

LOL @ the mower

There is a mother at toddler group who has a collection of stars on her shoulder. I actually think it looks nice in everyday life but it would look so wrong if wearing a nice dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now