Has anyone actually managed to piss through their Spanx then?

(125 Posts)
Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 21:59:54

Without a wetting incident, either of gusset, bestockinged legs or, er, fingers (since presumably one has to utilise them to deal with said gusset)?

Because I got my (spanking new) Spanx today and am mystified.

It all seems a bit unsavoury. Though granted, preferable to taking them off. And on again. If they hadn't have been the right size, I shudder to think what might have happened (I did try them on in the hallway and various delivery men were due this morning).

Monkeybird Thu 24-Apr-08 13:04:01

and I'm shamelessly going to bump it again to cheer up all the striking teachers fed up with moaning parents.

BettySpaghetti Thu 24-Apr-08 10:02:38

this deserves a BUMP for the daytime people

solo Thu 24-Apr-08 00:25:26

I can't believe that you don't get the fat at the knees bulging out...all the things that I've tried that stop above the knees do this, so how come these don't?!!! or do they hmm

I wear the M&S trouser tights when wearing trousers for a rare night out and they are fab too! smoooothe lines.......

Think it's time to diet and lose some of this flab. I weigh the same, but I seem to be fatter. How does that work?!

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:57:57

Have you seen the image on the how to page?

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:56:47

Where do you keep it, can you imagine cleaning it in the sink after using it in service station on the M6?

How odd

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:54:45

I don't care, she means well, as far as I can see on MN she is actually OK, I wouldn't swap her and her intention was to be kind, not offensive.

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 23:51:07

the bags is weird. the MIL giving them to you is just offensive. How very dare she suggest you're fat!?

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:47:07

You can fill them up with a lot of bags.

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:46:04

What MIL of using them for plastic bags?

She got some cheap look-i-likes in Aldi or similar and thought of me when she was buying them for herslef! She is a lovely MIL apart from her oddness.

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 23:44:06

Nora, that's just a bit weird though.

BlinkingNoraWotzThat Wed 23-Apr-08 23:43:21

My MIL gave me something of a similar nature to try hmm
I sewed up the legs and used them to store plastic bags in under the stairs for a while!

suwoo Wed 23-Apr-08 23:43:03

They aren't uncomfortable though........

madamez Wed 23-Apr-08 23:39:17

MB: Not in the least. 43 years old and size 16, but just not prepared to wear anything that uncomfortable (did wear various uncomfy things in younger days, can't even wear heels any more now).

suwoo Wed 23-Apr-08 23:38:46

Monkeybird, were you there? I even scratched with my fingernail. I had a proper bewildered look whilst I perused whether the gusset part could be some kind of special fabric not present in Asda knickers.

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 23:34:04

Oh come on, Suwoo, we all know you must have sniffed.

Yes. I can see that would be a hazard.

suwoo Wed 23-Apr-08 23:32:08

OK, I was asked to share twice and that is enough for me, when vodka has been imbibed...I had cause to piss quite a few times throughout the spanx wearing day <<bladder like a peanut>> When I removed them for washing, the gusset edge was trimmed with stains blush. One can only assume that I was having some 'spotting' which never normally affects me. I was unsure when I studied them, whether the stains were fanjo or shit related...then I remembered that I was sober and put it down to spotting. I did wonder whether the special fabric was unusually absorbant?? That TMI for you???

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 23:25:21

You're welcome <curtseys>

jura Wed 23-Apr-08 23:23:14

Well, there's 10 minutes of unadulterated laughter (including choking on a mouthful of wine and spraying it all over the screen). Thank you.

I have some. I have the bra-to-thighs edition which I wear at Important Events when I need to look slightly less like a pregnant elephant (am not pregnant, and last I checked, don't have four knees so am not an elephant either IRL). I adopt RubyRioja's approach - wear them sneakily, then whip them off as soon as I get home...wink

And I can manage to wee without getting it all over them. So there.

use a miwi

or however you spell it

mpshock

zippitippitoes Wed 23-Apr-08 23:13:37

im not but i wouldnt be wearing spanx they sound like a darn nuisance

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 23:12:24

madamez, I imagine you're pert of stomach and arse then?

madamez Wed 23-Apr-08 23:11:05

Why would anyone wear these things? Really, WHY? they sound hideously uncomfortable and they cost far more than I would ever dream of paying for knickers. And I would imagine that regular wearers get regular bouts of thrush and cystitis as well.

zippitippitoes Wed 23-Apr-08 23:06:19

funny how the same thread can make one person buy them and another like me think sod that for a game of soldiers

pofaced Wed 23-Apr-08 23:01:41

I'm off to buy a pair (but will my tits look even bigger?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now