Has anyone actually managed to piss through their Spanx then?

(125 Posts)
Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 21:59:54

Without a wetting incident, either of gusset, bestockinged legs or, er, fingers (since presumably one has to utilise them to deal with said gusset)?

Because I got my (spanking new) Spanx today and am mystified.

It all seems a bit unsavoury. Though granted, preferable to taking them off. And on again. If they hadn't have been the right size, I shudder to think what might have happened (I did try them on in the hallway and various delivery men were due this morning).

Gingerbear Wed 23-Apr-08 22:13:19

Try getting out of them if you are pissed - I ended up with watering eyes, having caught my pubes in the roll-up.
Took them off in the toilet at DH's works Xmas do, and went commando for the rest of the night.

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:13:21

Roffling and boggling at before and after (tell me you meant of piss flaps...?)

Oh sorry, read the post properly DG! You just said you were only 5 foot. Time for bed methinks.

Spanx knickers sound awful. Why not go the whole hog and buy a corset?

harpomarx Wed 23-Apr-08 22:13:53

monkeybird

they/it sound horrendous!

and a breeding ground for thrush too...

RubyRioja Wed 23-Apr-08 22:14:25

Yep#
Always fine - even when drunk!

pOSSIBLY ONE OF THOSE LEARNED ARTS [GRIN]

morningpaper Wed 23-Apr-08 22:14:29

yes babies knacker your stomach muscles

Yes I am 5 foot high, there was no room for it to go up or down really

I wish you could SEE THROUGH the skin, it owuld be funny to see exactly where the baby was in that big giant tit

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:14:51

DG, I don't mind you hijacking to talk about MORNING PAPER'S HUGE STOMACH.

The schadenfreude makes me feel so much better about my own. Let's face it, that's why we buy the Spanx.

Yes it was somewhat better. Reckon I could fit in a 16 rather than 18 with em on. No breathing though. Could be a downside.

morningpaper Wed 23-Apr-08 22:15:04

surely not a breeding ground for thrush when you've got a blardy air vent?

LOL that is exactly what it looks like (DG took yet another mouth wide open look at MP's profile - I am feeling like a teenage boy here!) But giant tit is good description.

Perky giant tit though.

zippitippitoes Wed 23-Apr-08 22:16:21

huh they sound awful

surely if you are wearing these then you are dressed up or out

dont think i could manage them

RubyRioja Wed 23-Apr-08 22:16:29

Oh for goodness sake. Put them opn in privacy of bathroom (for event only)
Put nice clothes on top (smoothing silhouette)
Eat drink, and be merry
Go home
Whisper in DH's ear 'I am not wearing any knickers'
Run to bathroom to remove and hide in laundry basket
Get it on

No worries about DH ever finding them - has not been near washign machine in 15 years!

zippitippitoes Wed 23-Apr-08 22:17:08

and surely they are a bit of a passion killer you would need a very adept man to get them off wouldnt you

BettySpaghetti Wed 23-Apr-08 22:17:09

Aren't they just the modern equivalent of the 18 hr girdle which my Gran used to wear ( as a child I used to wonder what would happen if you wore it for longer than 18hrs -thought that you might spontaneously combust or something).

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:17:30

no, not giant tit: Snoopy's Nose, I tell you!

Doesn't your stomach come out of them looking creased though? I only ask because my stomach does when I take off my jeans on a bad stomach day.

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:18:34

zippi, there is a suitably placed hole though...

Ewwwww (but I bet some of you have...)

morningpaper Wed 23-Apr-08 22:18:50

I have got a party dress that I need to SUCK my stomach in to wear, perhaps I should investigate spanx?

Do they leave LINED anywhere under the clothes though? If one had a vERY TIGHT dress on, for example?

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:19:08

DG <sigh> my stomach goes into them creased.

jingleyjen Wed 23-Apr-08 22:19:20

Ruby - When I showed DH the piss flaps he grinned and said ooh easy access we could do it at the party blush grin

misdee Wed 23-Apr-08 22:19:54

they sort of smooth everywhere mp. but i wore mine under trousers.

harpomarx Wed 23-Apr-08 22:19:55

rubyrioja

were you also good at re-poppering the crotch bit of bodys (bodies?), assuming you are old enough to have worn them

grin

RubyRioja Wed 23-Apr-08 22:20:05

Hmm

I have the underbust to mid thigh (I am sex on legs me!)

I think no lines if you buy the right size (honest, not wishful thinking)

John Lewis have sample ones to try on.

pania Wed 23-Apr-08 22:20:13

Use a funnel?
But then you'd have to rinse it out afterwards, causing much eyebrow raising if in a public bathroom. hmm

morningpaper Wed 23-Apr-08 22:20:15

<shudder> at thoughts of sex in spanx

Monkeybird Wed 23-Apr-08 22:20:23

Well, MP i'm usually victim of extra VPLs all over with these 'hold it all in' pants. But these really didn't. I got the ones that go down your thigh and right up to your bra though [mmm sexy]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now