Leather Jacket - what colour is this?

(17 Posts)
FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 02:59:45

I recently purchased a larger size of my favourite jacket from ebay. Seller said it's black, although it has a wrong tag that says navy blue. It's also supposedly BNWT.

When it arrived, it looks fine except when I compared to my current jacket, the colour is slightly different. And the leather of my current one seems less broken in than this one, eventhough I have worn the current one once. And this one is supposedly BNWT.

My jacket is in the front, the jacket I bought is behind with the tag.

What do you think?

BusterGonad Sat 29-Oct-16 06:47:34

You know in M&S you get black tights and barely black? I'd say the new jacket is barely black!

FuckThatToOneSide Sat 29-Oct-16 06:55:56

I bought a couple of really dubious 'M&S' tops BNWT from eBay. Mine were really cheap and looked ok (I wear them), so I've kept them, but if you've paid a lot of money for the jacket and you aren't happy, I'd probably ask to have it refunded.

Fwiw I'm only on my phone, but I'd call that jacket black or v dark grey, not navy.

DorisDay88 Sat 29-Oct-16 07:12:36

It looks black to me - there are so many different shades of black - you don't realise until you try to match black trousers with a different make black jacket for example
If it fits ok then I'd keep it

BusterGonad Sat 29-Oct-16 07:12:49

I actually prefer the barely black one! But I'm a huge fan of grey and navy.

FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 07:38:54

It fits ok, it's actually ok, just when I compared it with the old the shade is different.

Which one looks more like a couch?

BusterGonad Sat 29-Oct-16 08:23:55

As in sofa??? Neither of them, but as I've said I like the soft black. May I ask why you have 2? Are they different sizes?

FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 08:58:37

Buster - yup, gained weight and the smaller one (black) does not fit anymore.

ChishandFips33 Sat 29-Oct-16 09:03:50

It could be because leather is a natural product with variations throughout the skin. I guess sometimes the dye may take differently?

It is a different shade but if you like it, it fits and goes with your wardrobe then I would be ok with that

SuperFlyHigh Sat 29-Oct-16 09:05:12

It looks a slightly different shade of black.

zippyswife Sat 29-Oct-16 14:06:27

I also prefer the colour of your new one. I would also say barely black. It's nicer! I have just bought an inky/navy one as I didn't want black.

FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 20:30:49

It's also nice, yes. Now torn between sending it back or maybe asking the seller for a discount instead of a return since the description was not accurate?

DorisDay88 Sun 30-Oct-16 07:42:19

Not sure why the description wasn't accurate ? If I was listing it, I would probably describe it as black, so think that's a bit unfair to the seller
If you are not happy just return it

FionaGatwick Sun 30-Oct-16 08:07:12

DorisDay88

Seller described it as black because he compared it with his leather jacket, which isn't BLK DNM. But when he saw the picture comparison (the pic I posted here), he agreed that it is indeed not black compared to my black jacket. Anyway, he's very lovely and accepted the return request.

DorisDay88 Sun 30-Oct-16 08:24:42

Aw ok, glad he is fine with it
Hope you find another one you like as much as the old one smile

FionaGatwick Sun 30-Oct-16 08:55:11

DorisDay88

Yeah, he's nice about it, and very apologetic, because he said when he saw the picture, he realised it is indeed not black. Actually I was looking at it earlier in a sunny area and I can see it's actually a dark gray/navy.

Thank you!

SuperFlyHigh Sun 30-Oct-16 11:14:20

If you're that bothered, can see the colour as being dark grey/navy and you wanted black and it matters to you then return it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now