If you have sensitive skin you might be interested in my discovery!

(17 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 11:25:01

I have hugely sensitive skin, no spots but rosacea prone ( flushing) and flaky near my nose which no amount of moisturiser clears up.

I wear make up but have issues with cleansers , they're never quite gentle enough even E45 will only work so long before a flare up.

The best my skin has ever been is when I wore no make up and therefore didn't cleanse for 6 months, just used water and a flannel.

Anyway... hmm I've discovered something that works a treat- waitrose sensitive vegetable soap

Yep, a bar of of bloody soap for 59p is the best thing I've EVER used on my skin and I've used everything!

It's so creamy and non drying I could actually skip moisturising. It's brilliant in the shower too.

I just use it with tepid water then double cleanse with a flannel. It's fab at removing make up ( I use a specific remover for my eyes) and I wear loadsgrin

Just thought I'd share!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 11:44:59

Meant to say that all the flakiness has completely cleared up.

rubybleu Tue 06-Sep-16 15:11:55

Thank you! I will try it.

MrsSthe3rd Tue 06-Sep-16 15:20:41

We don't have a Waitrose nearby envy

coolpotato Tue 06-Sep-16 16:22:02

Thanks, will get a bar when I'm next in. Sounds great!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 16:52:14

Mrs I think you need to move!

Blueberryblueberry Tue 06-Sep-16 18:05:04

Ooo thank you! Will try this- my skin sounds exactly the same as yours. love a bargain if it works!

Lndnmummy Tue 06-Sep-16 18:11:12

Damedrama you should write a besutyblog! I always stalk your posts since we were both obsessing over tightlining a few years backgrin.

I am off to waitrose then, my skin is same as yours. Have you tried nude oil? It has changed my life.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 06-Sep-16 18:14:34

Brava Dame! I actually copied this to my shopping list (not the first time) wink

midnightmoomoo Tue 06-Sep-16 18:47:16

I will have to try this! Thank you!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 19:13:22

Oooo what are you tight lining with these days Ldn? I'm using Aldi black eye liner which stays put likw nothing else I've tried,and so cheap!

How does one write a blog? I have loads of knowledge to bore people with sharegrin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 19:15:39

My mum said my skin looked nice today <preens>

It's so creamy so makeup goes on brilliantly.

DailyFailAteMyFish Tue 06-Sep-16 19:15:47

Noooo! We don't have a waitrose and my skin hates me sad

Floisme Tue 06-Sep-16 19:28:41

Thanks I'll give it a try smile

StrongTeaHotShower Tue 06-Sep-16 21:19:00

Ooh, waitrose baby butter for the night and coconut balm as a day cream. From the woman who's skin flared up when She Used dd's oilatum extra sensitive exema soothing baby cream!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 06-Sep-16 21:43:40

I couldn't put that baby butter on my skin, it burned!

StrongTeaHotShower Tue 06-Sep-16 21:46:02

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now