Why has no one told me about Gap Slim Straight jeans?!

(38 Posts)
TheFurryMenace Sun 29-Nov-15 22:20:03

I have terrible trouble finding comfy but flattering skinny jeans, as I am short, curvy and have thick calves but slim ankles. I brought these jeans yesterday, and they are a revelation - comfy, stretchy, not skin tight but more slim fitting than the Real Straight jeans which are my usual but if I'm honest, a bit frumpy. And to top it all, I got them 50% off. Sheer bliss!

Just thought I'd mention them as finding good jeans is the holy grail of fashion IMO.

PacificDogwod Sun 29-Nov-15 22:34:58

<takes notes>

I've loved my Real Straight jeans, but have lost a bit of weight and am now ready to go a bit slimmer. Thank you for the tip smile

TheFurryMenace Sun 29-Nov-15 23:02:11

Happy to help Pacific, hope they work for you too.

Bananahead1 Mon 30-Nov-15 08:39:20

They're great aren't they? So comfortable as well as very flattering..... Have bought 4 pairs in different colours/denims.

southeastastra Mon 30-Nov-15 08:40:51

I always find gap to go arse baggy quite quickly it's so annoying

helzapoppin2 Mon 30-Nov-15 09:41:09

I've got two pairs of Gap slim straight trousers in black. They are fab!
Best ever and keep their colour.

patterkiller Mon 30-Nov-15 09:44:18

I have one pair in green and love them, I'm in need of some new jeans thank you for reminding me about these again.

TheFurryMenace Mon 30-Nov-15 12:10:05

Ooh, didn't know they did them in black, that's one for my Christmas list!

helzapoppin2 Mon 30-Nov-15 12:12:19

They're not jeans, I just wanted to sing their praises!

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 30-Nov-15 18:19:29

Can anyone say if these are traditional jeans or the stretchy legging type? I'm on a mission for proper jeans in a skinny style and am hopeful... smile

everythingsgoingsouth Mon 30-Nov-15 18:23:50

they are proper jeans, I got some half price too at weekend. I wanted something different from skinnies to go with Chelsea boots. Really comfy,
well fitting jeans.

HermioneWeasley Mon 30-Nov-15 18:29:23

Do they suit the terminally pear shaped and thunderous of thigh?

Onlyonamonday Mon 30-Nov-15 19:52:37

Hermione grin made me laugh
I've only got skinny jeans .. These sound great will have a look.

TheFurryMenace Mon 30-Nov-15 19:56:37

They are definitely a jean not jeggings (I cant bear jeggings). I would say yes, they are really very flattering, I am quite curvy with 'generous' thighs myself, and I think they do wonders for me! And have I said how comfy they are?! Cant believe my good fortune all these years on my quest for comfy skinnies for the chunky of leg...

Bunbaker Mon 30-Nov-15 20:00:53

Sadly, Gap in Meadowhall has closed down. Jeans is something I can't buy online as I have to try them on.

peterpeterpumpkineater Mon 30-Nov-15 20:04:43

I need to buy online too, but can't work out their complicated sizing system confused

patterkiller Mon 30-Nov-15 20:40:10

I've got a 29 and 28 to try I'm between 10 and 12.

Bunbaker Mon 30-Nov-15 21:06:40

Gah!

Just looked at their website and they are low rise. I hate low rise jeans, they are so uncomfortable.

TheFurryMenace Mon 30-Nov-15 21:51:58

I don't think they are low rise, pretty sure they are mid rise as much higher than the Real Straight ones I usually get.

Bunbaker Mon 30-Nov-15 23:28:38

I think they are mid rise. Their website wasn't working properly and I had to do a different search.

Still too low rise for me. I must have a very high waist.

FankEweVeryMuch Mon 30-Nov-15 23:41:17

I'm pleased to read this. I ordered a pair online (only 40% off) and they should arrive tomorrow. I have chunky calves and slim ankles too. Fingers crossed they look good.

AnotherEmma Mon 30-Nov-15 23:44:22

I'm curvy and swear by Gap jeans!

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Tue 01-Dec-15 08:48:14

They DO look good!

However, I have to agree with a pp that I've always found gap jeans to go super baggy very quickly.

I've been looking for months for a pair of jeans in a dark red colour as well - has anyone seen any???

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 01-Dec-15 19:55:05

Thanks for the reply OP there's hope for these, I'm going to try them. smile

TheFurryMenace Tue 01-Dec-15 22:47:50

I had Gap jeans years ago and yes they did go baggy but in the past year I tried the Real Staright and found they fitted brilliantly and kept their shape. I can't yet comment on the baggyness of the newly purchased Slim Straights, but I will report back in a few weeks when I've given them plenty of wear. Happy to test and report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now