Boden Chelsea turnups....

(14 Posts)
Romcom Thu 05-Jun-14 15:39:11

So mine finally arrived after a 6 week wait. They are fab quality,really flattering. I got them in navy as they looked great on the model. Now I'm not sure what to wear them with.....also, they are quite thick, but being ankle skimming more of a summer piece. Would you wear them in winter too?

SummerToday Thu 05-Jun-14 22:26:14

I just got a pair too. Will watch with interest for ideas. I was thinking of wearing them with the short sleeve Breton tomorrow if it's sunny. Need to get some appropriate shoes though. It'll just be flip flops tomorrow.

MrsMcGregor Thu 05-Jun-14 22:48:09

I got them too - they're fab on!

frankietwospots Thu 05-Jun-14 23:06:16

I've been wearing the navy ones for work. I've worn them with a blue leopard crew neck knit (Boden - off ebay) and nude leather heels. I also wear them with grey tops and a big statement necklace. I will wear them in winter with a blazer and heels and pop socks.

polyhymnia Thu 05-Jun-14 23:08:35

I have these and am a fan. They are quite heavy material but seem nice and cool to wear. Doubt I'd wear them in winter rather than autumn.
I wear them with loafers, skate shoes, sandals.

IDugUpADiamond Fri 06-Jun-14 06:28:19

Are these trousers suitable for pears ladies? Boden's bistro crops aren't really

Roshbegosh Fri 06-Jun-14 06:50:02

How are they on the calf? Would they be ok over big calves?

JenniMoo Fri 06-Jun-14 07:30:15

They go over my big calves and don't look too bad. They'd be better slightly looser but I was amazed how good they did look as have very chunky legs.

polyhymnia Fri 06-Jun-14 09:07:58

Only slight reservation I have is that they are a bit baggy on the thighs for me. I would also prefer them a little tighter in the lower legs but they're not too baggy. (My legs are slimmer than my body!),

SorrelForbes Fri 06-Jun-14 14:28:41

I love mine as they flatter my less than svelte thighs much more than the Bistro crops.

I've worn mine with the silver Boden Ravello top, silver mesh heels and a clutch for an evening do, with grey ash boots and a charcoal top for work and with a white and navy stripped Breton and loafers for casual.

squoosh Fri 06-Jun-14 17:45:17

Oooh I do like the look of these. Have never bought anything from Boden before, what is their sizing like?

Romcom Fri 06-Jun-14 18:55:43

I'd say they are true to size.

rhubarbcrumbleplease Fri 06-Jun-14 20:06:36

I've got them in navy. I love the fabric, but they are a bit short (I'm tall) so I wear them with pumps & a blazer.

polyhymnia Sat 07-Jun-14 13:33:04

Those are true to size verging on generous IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now