When did you notice those dreaded fine lines?

(31 Posts)
vintagedolls Fri 22-Mar-13 15:22:12

I'm just wondering because I have just turned 34 and have started to notice fine lines appearing under my eyes and nose to mouth.

vintagedolls Fri 22-Mar-13 18:08:37

Oh ok so I'm not doing that bad then, I only have a couple of crows feet lines and one faint one underneath my eye's, and the nose to mouth are quite faint. I was getting worried because some of my friend's who are older than me have no lines.

BagWoman Fri 22-Mar-13 18:32:18

It depends what you mean by lines.

I have no wrinkles but if I smile there are a few lines under my eyes but they go away when I stop smiling smile
I have only the faintest line from nose to mouth and not a deep crease if that is what you mean.

I don't know if it's just genes- my Mum has always looked 10 years younger than she is and even now at 85 people think she's still in her 70s.

I do take huge care over my skin though- have cleansed and moisturised since teens.

For the last 20 years I have:
worn spf 25 every day all year round
never smoked
don't drink ( not through choice- for medical reasons)
eat very healthily avoiding sugar as much as possible
drink a lot of water ( cos I can't drink much else)
Use make up every day as I believe it protects my skin
never sunbathe as far as getting my face tanned
wear SPF 40+ in summer.
eat lots of salmon and sardines- maybe 3 times a week for omega 3.

mewkins Fri 22-Mar-13 19:03:47

34 and just started to notice them in certain lights. I am now very aware of wrinkling my face and wear sunglasses at the merest hint of glare! It's weird - haven't really changed much in about 15 years but now the lines are showing. I totally blame my dd for this! Ha!

vintagedolls Fri 22-Mar-13 19:54:38

bagwoman mine show up when I smile, can't really notice them that much when face is still. I think my problem is my diet, too much junk and not enough fresh fruit and vegetables.

I am 35 and have noticed some feint lines over the past few months. I have the beginnings of crow's feet, and some lines on my forehead. They became more obvious after I lost a considerable amount of weight. But then I'd rather be slim and wrinkly than fat and not wrinkly grin

SofaCanary Fri 22-Mar-13 21:31:52

I've got a shit load when I look in the evil hall mirror but barely any in my peachy light flooded bathroom mirror. Guess which one I look in the most? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now