What deodorant/anti-persp irant do use and why?

(40 Posts)
ILoveMondays Thu 21-Mar-13 21:40:36

I can't pick a good deodorant, they just don't work as good as they say on the tin and strangely it's worse as soon as I've put it on. I'd really like to know what ones everyone else think works best.

janji Fri 22-Mar-13 02:56:54

Mitchum never seemed to work well for me (must have strange skin)! I always use the sure ones that aren't supposed to leave white marks.

Stila Fri 22-Mar-13 03:44:51

Mitchum for me as well ...... unless I can get my hands on Lady Speed Stick .

Pollykitten Fri 22-Mar-13 03:55:30

bionsen spray - aluminum free & works properly

Natural crystal deodorant, I also wash my pits morning and night and don't smell. I don't sweat much though.

Frogman Fri 22-Mar-13 07:19:53

Bionsen roll on because it's aluminium free but I've just bought a new one which I haven't tried yet - Sukin aluminium and paraben free with a pump spray. I like the Sukin products.

AgathaF Fri 22-Mar-13 08:59:10

The Dove one in the box here. It is the best deodorant I have ever used. The Mitchum didn't work for me, unfortunately.

AgathaF Fri 22-Mar-13 09:00:15

Massive linky fail <bah>. Try again here

MissPricklePants Fri 22-Mar-13 09:04:50

Mitchum for me too, nothing else seems to work on me!

cocolepew Fri 22-Mar-13 09:10:04

Mitchum spray or the Sure stick.

Salamanger Fri 22-Mar-13 09:11:57

Mum unscented roll on. I'd like to be able to use crystal deodorant but it stopped working after a while. Mum has the fewest ingredients I could find and works well for me. I don't like anything too 'chemically' on my skin or being sucked into my family's lungs!

JollyYellowGiant Fri 22-Mar-13 09:13:36

I use Sure 48 hr spray. When I was a teen this was the one I found that worked. It has kept working so I've kept using it smile

ILoveMondays Fri 22-Mar-13 10:48:07

wow - thanks for so many comments. Mitchum sounds a winner, although I'm sure I tried it once and found it quite sticky. Will try again though. I have sweat patches as soon as I leave the house at the moment - not attractive.

Shlurpbop Fri 22-Mar-13 10:55:10

I used to use Mitchum but it was too strong for my skin and made it dry and itch (tmi!)
I now use a crystal deodorant - its just a crystal that you wet and rub under your arms and it's fab! Lasts forever, doesn't sting and has no smell so doesn't interfere with perfume smile

B52s Fri 22-Mar-13 10:55:43

I'm a Sweaty Betty and Mitchum didn't touch my sweat, massive wet patches on even loose clothes. So now I use the Sure 48 hour one in a box. I spend my days underdressed so I don't get even slightly warm, as then the wetness begins. Oddly, I don't sweat more from my pits when I excercise, it really is an all day sweating thing.

miche8 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:00:53

I'm not a very sweaty person so use a dove spray, the no white marks one. In the summer I do sweat and use Mitchum the solid stick version. Generally I find the stick versions much better than the spray and they don't take ages to dry like a roll on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now