Pearls? Are they fashionable- is this bracelet nice?

(32 Posts)

Its a friends significant birthday. She bought me a charm bracelet for my birthday, so I wanted to buy her one back.

Saw this and liked it- but I don't really do jewellery- is it nice? here

Thomas sabo also do a turquoise bracelet if that's any help here

Thank you Mrs!

MrsHiddleston Thu 21-Mar-13 21:08:17

Whhooopps..

this one.

MrsHiddleston Thu 21-Mar-13 21:07:40

Looking at it you have to add initials... On [[ http://m.notonthehighstreet.com/highlandangel/product/sophie-bracelet this ]] one you don't.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poshbeaver Thu 21-Mar-13 21:06:01

I prefer the white, think it's a little safer.

Do you lot prefer the grey or white pearl?

Thank you all, I might go for it then!

Maraki- the Thomas Sabo one would be a safe choice - I am considering that too! (Yes, I got the gift box with mine- it is lovely!)

I really appreciate all your thoughts, was half thinking people would see the pic ad say 'bleugh' or something- it is very personal thing, jewellery...

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Thu 21-Mar-13 20:57:21

I like the freshwater pearl bracelet, OP! I don't think you have to add an initial but I think the charms look nice.

Maraki Thu 21-Mar-13 20:48:36

I was given the white pearl Thomas Sabo bracelet for my 40th and I love it! It costs £30 and comes in a beautiful box, your friend can buy whatever charms she likes? Or you can get her the black one (which will match the black heart she loves) or the silver chain one for £20? The good thing with the Thomas Sabo bracelets is that the charms are interchangeable and I love the boxes they come in!!!

poshbeaver Thu 21-Mar-13 17:52:30

My husband bought me that bracelet for Mothers' day a couple of years ago. I love it and often get compliments about it. I think she'd love it!

I ummed and ahhed about that very same bracelet for my friend who's just had a baby. Was going to get the initials of her two children as the charms, but in the end I decided against it. Agree with the posters above who say jewellery's a personal choice, and I decided it was too expensive to pay for something that may not be right.

I think I'll have to ask her for a hint, thank you all for your ideas, will keep thinking, I guess there's never a nice easy answer e.g. 'Buy this- everyone likes them' grin

Frogman- she bought me an initial bracelet, so guessing she likes them!

PretzelTime Thu 21-Mar-13 09:56:15

I think it would be safe to buy her a bracelet like the ones you linked to OP. Something classic with some charms on but maybe not initials.

The mirror is nice, keyring probably not really her kind of thing, I think!

Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:54:50

Don't understand that you think a keyring is impersonal confused It's a very personal item. People generally don't want their initials over things (unless they are about 9 years old)

Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:52:58
Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:50:34
Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:47:58

This is quite a nice stylish stainless steel keyring and a good price. www.johnlewis.com/georg-jensen-helena-rohner-key-ring/p231716263?navAction=jump John Lewis have a few nice Georg Jenson ones

The keyring I meant.. x posted.

Want to spend about £30ish, its her 40th birthday, so going to get other bits too.

Zoflora- that was my thinking- get similar to what a person gets you! Hate birthday taste-of-others style test!

Hmm... seems a bit impersonal? Argh!

Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:41:28

I agree with Zoflora - it's a nice bracelet, I don't think anyone could not like it (apart from the initials). Plain is best and much more stylish.

Frogman Thu 21-Mar-13 09:40:28

This one looks nice but may be too expensive www.notonthehighstreet.com/mercimaman/product/personalised-sterling-silver-key-ring. How much do you want to spend?

zoflora Thu 21-Mar-13 09:39:32

I was about to post that the bracelet is perfectly nice but spoiled by the initials/letters hanging from it.
But - if she got you one then maybe, as you say, she likes that kind of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now