Can you wear mascara on your lower lashes without looking like Princess Diana???

(17 Posts)
wrongsideoftheroad Fri 15-Mar-13 18:22:15

And do you????

I used to have killer eyelashes but they seem less full now. I've never worn mascara on my lower lashes but just had a thought that I might be able to get more dramatic eyes if I start. BUt is it possible without looking like princess Di?

Any advice please?

I do it all the time, I just leave it at one coat though. Have a play around one evening, see if it works for you. smile

wrongsideoftheroad Fri 15-Mar-13 18:30:21

Thanks onelittllelady, do you find it flakes or smudges at all?

I always have. I didn't realise that other people don't! I just don't put it on as thickly as the upper lashes.

ZenNudist Fri 15-Mar-13 18:36:55

I always do. Just a thin coat in both lashes. Id look odd without it!

I only find it smudges if I rub my eyes to be honest. I think the trick is to just leave it at one coat otherwise it does flake off and the lower lashes stick together really badly leaving you looking like you've got spider legs attached to you!

colditz Fri 15-Mar-13 18:39:16

I can't, no, but that's because they are ridiculously long and curly, which sounds boastful, but it's true. They even look a bit silly without mascara at all, so I just stick to the top lashes, and only ever use one coat or again, I look ridiculous.

wrongsideoftheroad Fri 15-Mar-13 20:47:07

interesting, thanks..

freerangeeggs Fri 15-Mar-13 22:20:29

Mine are like colditz's, really long and when I put mascara on them I look like an anime character. So I just do the top ones.

Sali Hughes recommends a mascara that's specifically recommended for lower lashes - it's in her top 50 beauty products, if you search for that article on the Guardian.

treaclesoda Fri 15-Mar-13 22:27:48

I'm very nervous of mascara on my bottom lashes as they are quite long, and are quite fair, and normally are almost invisible, and I have a tendency to rub my eyes without realising I'm doing it.

I find the best thing to do is get them dyed dark brown - defines my eyes a bit but without having the make-up look.

armagh Sat 16-Mar-13 01:24:27

Clinique do a mascara specifically for bottom lashes. Sali hughes recommend i think

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 16-Mar-13 12:47:13

I think it really depends on your colouring and the shape of your eyes. I see it looks lovely on some people, but it makes me look like a wide eyed loon.

bishboschone Sat 16-Mar-13 13:15:22

I do for nights out. Mine are long and I look a little cartoony but I quote like that. I have blue eyes and I'm often asked if my eyes are real !!!!

Arisbottle Sat 16-Mar-13 13:20:50

Was also going to suggest Clinique's bottom lash mascara.

valiumredhead Thu 21-Mar-13 12:38:05

I do but only in the corners.

ItsintheBag Thu 21-Mar-13 14:55:15

I do but I don't brush it the full length. Mine are long too and blonde so look weird all done.
The best they ever look is when I get my eyelashes tinted.

piprabbit Thu 21-Mar-13 15:05:48

What about using a clear mascara on your lower lashes? Might make them look a little more defined without being heavy or smudgy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now