So these wedge trainers.....

(89 Posts)
PetiteMum Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:37

I'm wanting a pair as they look so comfy.....but do I risk looking like mutton? Or a Rita ora groupie?

Corygal Sat 16-Mar-13 18:03:15

I am fat and 45. But my Aldo black suede wedges with laces make me look less so.

I looooathed at first sight, then the combo of height and comfort was a temptation of the most deliciously orthopaedic kind.

So I had a crafty squint at the local delinquent teens who are all in retro flat trainers and went for it.

Seamlessly channelling the bus pass look, I team them with Kooples tasteful hearing aid/carcoat beige layers and very black leggings or a maxi skirt.

I have ash Thelmas in black and in tan. I wear them all the time, I feel I need the extra height when wearing skinnies and they are a comfortable alternative to heeled boots.
Wouldn't wear them with a skirt or dress though.

diddlediddledumpling Sat 16-Mar-13 14:48:11

I bough these today. Bargain.

JumpHerWho Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:34

Lovestretch have now sold out of Bowies in both prune and navy, the MN effect grin

Might not keep them, had imbibed wine and can't really justify impulse buys at the moment. They really are marmite according to this thread, so will need to test them at home.

Does anyone wear them with skirts/dresses? Quite a few slebs seem to. Not convinced.

NinaNannar Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:32

oh those grey nike ones are vile

NinaNannar Sat 16-Mar-13 14:27:16

i got some from NEw look int eh Autumn
i really like them - black suede

I still have my Buffalos! Burgundy snakeskin, I thought I was the cat's pyjamas.

landofsoapandglory Sat 16-Mar-13 13:46:55

They are absolutely awful!

as in this thread is costing me a fortune and now I HAVE to have some grin

I bloody hate mn sometimes. I have the scarf and haircut and now it looks like I will have the trainers too....

Cybbo Sat 16-Mar-13 13:19:55

I've resisted them for a long time , then my esteemed colleague noddyholder showed me the BHS ones for £25 and I thought fuck it.

I've worn suede wedge shoe boots since the begining of time but these are a bit more moderne

reastie Sat 16-Mar-13 12:55:21

yes robin buffalo spice girl styley. I was really proud of them too blush

MotheringShites Sat 16-Mar-13 12:50:52

This forum is costing me a fortune - just lost control of myself and bought myself a pair of Ash Alex in silver and clay. A bit mutton but who cares!

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 12:13:56

I am 42 btw!

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 12:13:30

They are also super comfortable.

I've bought the Puma Hussein Chalayan Bellows ones in Grey too, as I love my black ones so much.

MoodyDidIt Sat 16-Mar-13 12:06:21

OMG wally i LOVE them

well jel

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 11:38:07
WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 16-Mar-13 11:34:59

I have a pair of the Puma Blackstation ones. They are suede in black so they don't have the puffy PU trainer feel and are therefore a bit more "grown up"?

I wear with either skinny chinos or twisted Diesel boyfriend jeans.

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 11:31:27

I think harems are ok with them if they're not too MC Hammer-ish

I've got a pair from ASOS, they're called harems on the website, but they're quite fitted

purples Sat 16-Mar-13 11:26:01

As a shortie, I love the idea of anything that adds height, but I'm not sure I'd get away with "browneyedpixie" idea of harem trousers. At my age there is a limit of what I can inflict on the general public!
But, Oh, I am so tempted by the shoes, I think I'll have to try a pair on next time I'm shopping. But I've a horrible feeling it will just make me look like I'm wearing my daughters shoes!

freddiefrog Sat 16-Mar-13 11:18:16

I have a pair of Ash Thelma and I bloody love them.

I'm not so keen on the hi-top trainer style ones though

I wear mine with skinnies or turned up boyfriend jeans

MoodyDidIt Sat 16-Mar-13 11:11:27

i had the spice girl style buffalo trainers in about 1997

i LOVED them, i wore them with either a short dress, or combat trousers and a crop top blush i was only about 17 though in my defence

Im 30 and contemplating a plain pair... would like ash ones but Id only get those if I found a bargain

noddyholder Sat 16-Mar-13 10:23:17

I am 47 and have a completely plain black pair love them v comfy and not young looking but no bling on them

echt Sat 16-Mar-13 10:20:32

To me, they would only work if one would wear ANY trainer when not actually in a gym, or running/jogging.

Which I would not.

Fugly at any age.

<58 in my case>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now