So these wedge trainers.....

(89 Posts)
PetiteMum Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:37

I'm wanting a pair as they look so comfy.....but do I risk looking like mutton? Or a Rita ora groupie?

KatoPotato Fri 15-Mar-13 13:07:24
teta Fri 15-Mar-13 13:09:47

Me too Jumpherwho.Thats why i've just posted,as there are absolutely no replys on any of the 'for sale-clothes for adults'.Go onto topics and scroll down to the bottom-then click on others,voilagrin

Fillyjonk75 Fri 15-Mar-13 13:13:06

I haven't seen any wedge trainers since 1996 when I had some platform Sketchers.

Fillyjonk75 Fri 15-Mar-13 13:15:18

Had a Google, quite a few nice pairs. I don't see why these would be more difficult to wear than other shoe styles. Smarter than wearing normal trainers for everyday wear - though I won't be wearing them in the gym!

LulaPalooza Fri 15-Mar-13 13:25:12

TheOutnet has Ash wedge trainers on sale at the moment.

I am too chunky of leg to get away with skinny jeans and wedge trainers. I do like them though.

l got some from Primark. £18 And l didn't mind spending that on something I was unsure on. As it happens I've worn them a lot. On my blog but don't think I'm allowed to blog.

I actually like them with my harem trousers.

I also got some from Primark, quite comfy, I thought they looked fine, DH looked at them like this hmm and said he hated them, this is the first time in nearly 11 years he has commented on something I'm wearing! I was so taken aback I haven't dared put them on again!

applecrumbleandcream Fri 15-Mar-13 14:06:37

Do people buy these and then not wear them? I don't like them myself so wouldn't consider buying them, but I've not seen one person (despite them seeming to be really popular) IRL wearing them!! Very odd!

chipsandpeas Fri 15-Mar-13 14:09:44

i got a pair from primark for 15 quid, i was looking at more expensive ones but wasnt sure i'd like or wear them so got the primark ones and so far they are comfy and i love them

MoodyDidIt Fri 15-Mar-13 14:11:55

LOVE LOVE them

i have the nike "sky high" ones

am 33 btw

nellyjelly Fri 15-Mar-13 14:17:24

Horrid.

KandyBarr Fri 15-Mar-13 14:40:47

Agree with tethers and nelly - can't help thinking they look like trotters.

Down here in SE London they're popular with the hard teen girls.

JerryLeadbetter Fri 15-Mar-13 14:51:34

I'm 29 and have a black leather pair with silver buckles on from Topshop- they are so bloody comfy! I like them because they can either be 'dressed down' or 'dressed up'.

I always get lots of compliments when I wear them- which surprised me at first as I really wasn't sure about them!

Wear with skinny jeans.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Fri 15-Mar-13 15:04:29

I like these ones, bit different.
www.moda-uk.co.uk/page.cfm/Action=Exhib/ExhibID=5102

I have another pair by this brand and I love them.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Fri 15-Mar-13 15:05:13

Sorry, I mean the cherry ones at the end of the page in that link.

Fashionfail Fri 15-Mar-13 15:05:57

They are the only heels I can wear. DH always remarks (approvingly) on them.

And this thread has just made me order another pair!

Topazandpearl Fri 15-Mar-13 15:57:55

Lovestretch have some size 36 and 37 s Ash Bowies in navy and prune in their sale for £51 at the moment. I have a pair and I love them!

other than skinny jeans, what could i wear them with?

MrsFruitcake Fri 15-Mar-13 16:11:26

Sorry, but they just don't do it for me. Yes, they may be comfortable but in my head they are almost as bad as those godawful Timberlands with heels that JLo rocked a few years back.

Mrsap Fri 15-Mar-13 16:22:07

Make you look taller, slimmer and they're comfy. What's not to love.

I have 2 pairs and wear them a lot, when it's not wet. The canvas ash ones I got last year and the suede ones I got after Christmas.

DH & both DS have no feelings towards them and DD loves them.

SarahJ783 Fri 15-Mar-13 16:24:27

I have a pair that I bought a year or so back but never had the confidence to wear them - after reading a few comments on here I think its about time I go them out, dusted them off and wore them with pride ;)

RobinSparkles Fri 15-Mar-13 16:27:37

I really want a pair. Are they comfy to walk in or does it feel like you're wearing heels?

QueenMaeve Fri 15-Mar-13 16:32:17

I love them. My sis keeps reminding me of last year when I said they were the most hideous things ever! I change with the wind. I have an Ash pair, a tan Primark pair and a plum pair from Matalan. I always feel very smart casual in them

DukeSilver Fri 15-Mar-13 16:33:41

I don't really like them. For me they look too "fashion" and I would feel like a sheep if I wore them.

bishboschone Fri 15-Mar-13 16:34:28

I wear mine with diesel narrow boot it jeans . I can't really wear heels as my feet Hurt and the way I wear jeans you can hardly see them anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now