Liz Earle - do you recommend it?

(60 Posts)
TallulahTwinkle Sun 10-Mar-13 16:30:45

I have been looking for a natural skincare product that is not tested on animals, this seems to fit the bill.

Just wanted to hear other people's opinions before I bought it ...

rootypig Wed 13-Mar-13 05:05:53

Jazz ultrabland is lovely but too heavy for me so perhaps is a skin type thing?

MoYerBoat Wed 13-Mar-13 07:02:39

Thanks, Quick & root. that's what I do but we are having our bathroom re-done and I'm concerned about the aethestics of muslin cloth on our lovely new radiator!

I think I might be over-thinking this smile

TallulahTwinkle Thu 14-Mar-13 09:42:20

Thanks everyone, think I am just going to get a sample to try, my skin is so spotty at the moment I need something miraculous!

Petalpink Thu 14-Mar-13 09:45:51

I'm a yes. Been using it for years

Bouncey, it is not about the animal testing, it is about Avon taking over and changing what was a very good product, increasing the price making it vastly overpriced IMO and sacking half of the staff based on the island

QuickLookBusy Thu 14-Mar-13 13:49:20

Can I just add, if you buy the products form the Liz Earle website, you get a free sample of something, you can actually request what you'd like if you phone them.
Also if you buy cleanser, toner and moisturiser you get a free full size of something. It's different every month but his month it's a full sized shampoo, last month it was a full sized body moisturiser.

Greg, I don't think it's vastly over priced at all. I couldn't believe the price of some Olay moisturiser I saw in boots the other day, it was over £20 for the same size as LE, the smell and consistency of the Olay didn't compare to LE.

TenthMuse Thu 14-Mar-13 15:25:52

Doesn't work for me. Tried it twice, and both times came out in spots. Now use Caudalie foaming cleaner, which I love.

lololizzy Thu 14-Mar-13 23:36:40

drove nearly an hour to get to Asda..and all sold out! :-(

CuriousMama Fri 15-Mar-13 00:09:20

Oh heck that's a shame lololizzy. Maybe order a shop from them and get some that way?

ArcticRoll Fri 15-Mar-13 09:02:13

I have used the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser -much cheaper than LE C&P and I find just as good. Not sure about Superdrug's animal testing history though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now